585,996 active members*
4,222 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Advice on what machine to buy...

Hi, i'm considering buying a CNC but i'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what i need and where to find it at a good price with decent quality, so i need help!

Basically what i want to do is be able to drill, engrave and do rectangular / odd cut-outs in aluminum and acrylic / plexiglass. I need to be able to work on objects up to roughly 36" x 18" x 7" (could go lower if necessary). I'd also like to be able to work on ready-made boxes etc. so not only flat or box-shaped objects. I'd like for it to be able to be controlled by an open source CNC software and i'd like it to be roughly $2000 or less. It can easily be a kit, as long as i don't have to machine any parts myself.

So, i'm guessing from my research that what i'm looking to buy is a milling machine? Is there anything that fits all of these criterias?

Really grateful for some pointers..

-Karl

That is a huge working envelope for a milling machine. And... Even a relatively cheap used conversion, with a 13x6 envelope, used, will cost you almost twice as much. Then you add tooling. Which coul be a lot or a little depending on what you already have and what you want. In my experience to set up a small CNC desktop mill from scratch (buying measuring instruments and all) will set you back upwards of $6-7k. You may be able to do it for less depending on what you get used and your standards for tooling and instruments.

May be others done it cheaper. My personal experience is probably a bit north of that. Don't want to think too much about it :lol:

welding.....for cnc machines....any weldingmachines tools i m here for u to guide

we can offer this cnc router you want

Quote Originally Posted by Knas View Post
    Hi, i'm considering buying a CNC but i'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what i need and where to find it at a good price with decent quality, so i need help!

Basically what i want to do is be able to drill, engrave and do rectangular / odd cut-outs in aluminum and acrylic / plexiglass. I need to be able to work on objects up to roughly 36" x 18" x 7" (could go lower if necessary). I'd also like to be able to work on ready-made boxes etc. so not only flat or box-shaped objects. I'd like for it to be able to be controlled by an open source CNC software and i'd like it to be roughly $2000 or less. It can easily be a kit, as long as i don't have to machine any parts myself.

So, i'm guessing from my research that what i'm looking to buy is a milling machine? Is there anything that fits all of these criterias?

Really grateful for some pointers..

-Karl

Dear Karl,
    We offer the cnc router you want. I think XYZ-6090 CNC Router is your best chooice, its working are is 600mmx900mmx120mm.

Contact me for more information.

Iris Hu
    Jinan XYZ Machinery LLC
    email: [email protected]
    Iris Hu
    Jinan XYZ Machinery LLC