585,938 active members*
3,265 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 4 of 5 2345
    Quote Originally Posted by garym1957 View Post
    Naturally my first act of machine movement was driving the spindle nut down into the work table.
    ROFL. My new machine has already claimed one engraving bit and nearly a 6mm end mill... I think it's just part of the process..

Good to hear you've got movement...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kiwichris View Post
    ROFL. My new machine has already claimed one engraving bit and nearly a 6mm end mill... I think it's just part of the process..

Good to hear you've got movement...
    I'm happy so far. Spindle works now, 12-bit resolution on the speed.
    I have X, y and Z...

I cut some foam using some of the wizards in Mach3. The circle functions, (circular hole pattern, circular pocket milling) always produced an oval, rather than a circle). Clearly my X motor and Y motor aren't in agreement over steps per inch. Does anyone know how to correct this? Its the Jcut 6090A.

Also, where is ZERO on this machine? Is it front, left on the table? Where is the z axis supposed to be? Up or down?

Thank you

Hi-ho,

Can't help you on the specifics for a jcut machine, but as for x vs y, it's sorta up to you really.

My machine is 600x1000 and the narrow (600) is the X.

Same for the zero, although convention is bottom left corner when you're looking 'up' the Y and the X goes from left to right.

Cheers, Chris H.

Gary,
    I don't know your controller so there are SOOOOO many things I can't help you with. I am pretty much an expert with WinCNC and I've set up a few with Mach, but I can't find anything about the controller you've chosen.

I can tell you that I have a JCut 6090A, so our machines should be similar. You should have a limit switch on X at the left most point, another on Y at the front most point, and another on Z at the top most point.

On my controller, I set a point about 0.25" from the home positions to be my X0,Y0,Z0. Botom left corner for XY, and top for Z. I can lower my Z to touch the table and set a G92Z0 there and cut from the table, or touch the top of my material and set a G92Z0 there and cut from the top of my material. You might be able to do something similar, I just can't find any info on it.

If you're not locked in to the EMC controller and are intending to pay money for an upgrade, I'd suggest going to Mach at least. There are people here who are experts with it and have built quite a reputation of helping others learn it and work out their problems. Just a thought...
    From Wikipedia - "..butter knife..any table knife designed with a dull edge and rounded point". I've never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer!

Quote Originally Posted by Butterknife View Post
    Gary,
    I don't know your controller so there are SOOOOO many things I can't help you with. I am pretty much an expert with WinCNC and I've set up a few with Mach, but I can't find anything about the controller you've chosen.

I can tell you that I have a JCut 6090A, so our machines should be similar. You should have a limit switch on X at the left most point, another on Y at the front most point, and another on Z at the top most point.

On my controller, I set a point about 0.25" from the home positions to be my X0,Y0,Z0. Botom left corner for XY, and top for Z. I can lower my Z to touch the table and set a G92Z0 there and cut from the table, or touch the top of my material and set a G92Z0 there and cut from the top of my material. You might be able to do something similar, I just can't find any info on it.

If you're not locked in to the EMC controller and are intending to pay money for an upgrade, I'd suggest going to Mach at least. There are people here who are experts with it and have built quite a reputation of helping others learn it and work out their problems. Just a thought...

I had misspoke. The controller I have is a Mach3 setup with a USB.

Looking under my table I see a microswitch at the BACK of the machine. Do I take this to mean they want Zero at the back left and not the front left?

I assume your machine is set up to read these switches? I'll get out my multimeter and see if anything is connected under there.

This is very frustrating. Isn't there a tutorial out there someplace for Mach 3 on this general kind of table? I have bottomed out the Z and pinched wires under the back of the gantry because the software is merrily telling the machine to keep running when its pegged at the stops. Nothing about Mach3 is intuitive to a newbie and there appears to be no way to tell the damn software to BELIEVE me when I say "Zero is HERE".

And it still cuts ovals instead of circles.

Thanks very much

Gary,

I think your Y axis is 10mm while your X and Z are 5mm. Go to Config>Motor Tuning, and choose X. Look at the number in the "Steps per" box.

I think your Y should be 1/2 that number. For example, if the one in X says 6000, your Y should be 3000. Does that make sense?

Not sure what your limits are. I asked, but I'm not sure they understood me. They said X was pin 1, Y was pin 2, and Z was pin 3. Go to Config>Ports and Pins>Input Signals. I think you'll want to set X--, Y--, and Z++.

Please be aware, I am not an expert with this controller. Others like Ger21 are. I would advise you to ask them before trying these suggestions.

You asked about a manual or help file, here is the manual.

Good luck,
    From Wikipedia - "..butter knife..any table knife designed with a dull edge and rounded point". I've never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer!

vacuum pump problems

Hello

Well i now have my machine from JCUT 8090B

The machine looks fine but the vacuum pump is not working. The motors spins but the vains produce nothing

Does any body have one of these

JCUT 6090B USB interface

Hi all,

just three weeks ago I'm received my JCUT 6090B. I'm order Mach3 ready machine and I was expected the LPT breakout board. But surprise the machine arrived with this JAMEN JNC-40M USB interface board. This my board not working 100% with Mach3. I can moving the XYZ direction I can homing I can run G-code. But I can't control the spindle ON/OFF and speed with Mach3 and also soft limit no more working.

Somebody know this board and have good experience?

Thanks for your responds.
    Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JNC-40M.jpg  

vacuum pump sorted

Regarding the machine itself i am quite happy.

You will need to spend some time cleaning it up a bit getting rid of sand from the casting, clean all guide rails and threads.

Most important you will have to install earth wires.

Also the cables used to wiring from the USB board to the motors are not screened so you may loose steps. This has not happened to me yet but i will replace my motor cables with screened ones.

The machine is made from cast iron and work well the only thing is i would not recommend the vacuum system. It a water pump an although it does produce a vacuum i am not very happy with it. I am waiting for a vac gauge to be delived to measure vac power but i am unable to measure cubic metres of air per minute.

Hope somebody finds this of help

Gary you need to set your steps per inch/mm in mach3 of what ever software you are using and check for backlash. I am not expert but i have done mine and my circles are good

sounds to me in the "pin and port" in mach3 set up that you have not turned on your spindle within this page

JCut Mandy

I am having JCUT build me a plasma machine and I have never imported before;

Who did you use for an importer? How did you handle customs?

How did you get the required forms? How did you go about handling the transportation from port to home or office.

Thanks

Importing from china

Easy once you have done it.

Normaly the people making the machine with give you an import code. Check with your customs that the number is correct.

Once the machine is no route from the country of orgin, they will send you the import forms these, well some of them will have to be sent to your inport agent.

Contact a local import agent in your country normaly found around the docks and ask them for a quote. MY UK agaent did it all. You will pay them the import agent, his fee as well as any import duty and VAT.

I saved more than £4000.00 Yes four thousand UK Pounds by importing my machine

I recall reading that the states has a requirement for a special additional form, otherwise you're liable for massive extra fees or they even have the right to refuse it? Just google it to be safe at least. With mine they forgot one crucial form that caused a mad panic to avoid storage fees, so it does happen that things can be missed.

Cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

jcut

Quote Originally Posted by handyandy55 View Post
    Easy once you have done it.

Normaly the people making the machine with give you an import code. Check with your customs that the number is correct.

Once the machine is no route from the country of orgin, they will send you the import forms these, well some of them will have to be sent to your inport agent.

Contact a local import agent in your country normaly found around the docks and ask them for a quote. MY UK agaent did it all. You will pay them the import agent, his fee as well as any import duty and VAT.

I saved more than £4000.00 Yes four thousand UK Pounds by importing my machine
    Hi

I am in a split decision whether or not I should import from China.
    I've been in contac with Shanny form JCUT and its been very imformative. the following is the spec for the machine:
    Large Wood CNC Router machine JCUT-1530B (59''x118'')
    Features: Optional(vacuum table and dust collector)
    1) Machine body: Whole cast iron
    2) Guideway: XYZ-axis use linear guideway
    3) Driving mode: Rack
    4) Work dimensions: 1, 500mm x 3000mm x 150mm
    5) Body dimensions: 1, 900mm x 3700mm x 1, 650mm (with bracket)
    6) Z-axis working area: 80mm(or 150mm)
    7) Max. Feeding height: 120mm or bigger
    8) Cut thickness of material: ≤ 40mm
    9) Max. Speed: 25, 000mm/min
    10) Working speed: 0 - 8, 000mm/min
    11) Mechanical precision: 0.01mm
    12) Software: Type 3 software, Artcut software, Artcam software
    13) Max. Power consumption: 3kW
    14) Power source: AC 220/50/60Hz (or 110V/60Hz)
    15) Driver type: Stepper motor(XZ-85BYG, Y-axis use two 85BYG motors)
    16) Memory: Without or (DSP)
    17) Spindle: 2.2kW( 100mm) variable speed, water cooled motor (3kW, or bigger)
    18) Spindle speed: 0 - 24, 000rpm/min
    19) Blade diameter: 3.175mm, 4mm, 6mm (or 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 12.7mm)
    20) Control system: (NCSTUDIO) or DSP (USB interface) (chosen NCSTUDIO)
    21) Command: G code, u00, mmg, plt
    22) Running circumstance temperature: 0 - 45° C
    23) Relative humidity: 30% - 75%
    Packing:
    Pack dimensions: 1, 750 x 3500 x 1, 750mm
    Net weight: 1100kg (with bracket)
    Gross weight: 1300kg

I'm from the UK and was hoping if you can help me decide whether this machine would be money well spent. Could I ask shanny to make any amendments to this specification before purchase?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dopamine123 View Post
    Hi

I've been in contac with Shanny form JCUT and its been very imformative. the following is the spec for the machine:
    Packing:

I'm from the UK and was hoping if you can help me decide whether this machine would be money well spent. Could I ask shanny to make any amendments to this specification before purchase?

Thanks
    This means you need a computer with pci slot to use with ncstudio.

If your getting NCStudio and especially if it's for a business, I'd consider getting an extra card at the time for a spare. If you have any issues with the pc or card, the machine is a massive paperweight.

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    If your getting NCStudio and especially if it's for a business, I'd consider getting an extra card at the time for a spare. If you have any issues with the pc or card, the machine is a massive paperweight.

cheers,
    Ian
    Thanks. I'll do that.
    I've also upgraded the spindle from 2.2kw to 3kw.

As requested, I added my responses, easier than pm
    Don't hesitate to ask any more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by dopamine123 View Post
    Hi

Ask for photos of the underside during manufacture as mine was covered in slag and sand from the casting, it still vibrates off a little now and then on mine! This appears to be very common with most vendors.
    Good!
    Sure it's rack? Mine was indicated to be rack but turned out linear, which i'm happy with actually. I thought rack was more suited to a closed loop system like servos? Recommend you find out the specs of the rack to check quality.
    I would consider 80mm a complete waste on a machine this size, unless you are only ever going to machine sheets of MDF or similar. 80mm travel really limits the possibilities badly.
    Apparently these specs can change at any time, I'd pin them down on what YOU'LL get!
    Foam maybe, but this is a meaningless figure anyway, the construction of the frame, the steppers and controller used, and the spindle is what determines this according to the material.
    Wow!
    There's a fairly good chance being a beefy and very heavy machine the manufacturing tolerance will do this resolution. If I tweak and work on mine I would get that kind of res easy, your's will be much more robust than mine i'm guessing.
    Ahem...cough...warez...cough!
    As powerful as you could possibly want it, 0.8kw machines aluminium fine as a comparison.
    85BYG denotes a range of steppers, I'd strongly suggest they provide the EXACT spec of the stepper on each axis, as well as the drivers used, and the power supply specs. There was massive confusion with my machine as to what the motors were, and I only was sure when the machine arrived and I checked what they were. Two I feel are somewhat underpowered for the machine.
    I far prefer water cooled, but others here have argued against them.
    Once you get used to it NCstudio is not completely horrible, it is the official software for all these machines and is very stable and functional I have found. Still not as good or feature rich as Mach3 though IMHO.
    Packing:

How much?

Thanks
    As mentioned, after some of the issues others had, I aksed for as many pictures during the build as possible, and videos of the machines working.

Cheers,
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post

cheers,
    Ian
    actually, if the pci card is broken, why not just purchase an aftermarket controller board and breakout board and replace ncstudio. rewiring by following the schematics is actually easier than it seems.

Page 4 of 5 2345