584,800 active members*
4,746 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

scale drawing

I am new to Alibre I imported a jpg. Traced around the geomerty. copied what I drew, pasted into Alibre New Part. did an auto dimension. Now I want to scale it down. I have selected the xy plane and went to Features, to scale or mirror but cannot get the apply button to become active. In the help file it says that sheet metal parts and assemblies can not be scaled. This is just line drawing. what am I doning wrong?

Thanks,
    David L. Aery
    www.hooksolutions.com

Quote Originally Posted by dlaery View Post
    I am new to Alibre I imported a jpg. Traced around the geomerty. copied what I drew, pasted into Alibre New Part. did an auto dimension. Now I want to scale it down. I have selected the xy plane and went to Features, to scale or mirror but cannot get the apply button to become active. In the help file it says that sheet metal parts and assemblies can not be scaled. This is just line drawing. what am I doning wrong?

Thanks,
    You need to select the geometry that you want to Mirror or Scale. It works the same as the Direct Editing Feature.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Thanks, I think I am trying to select. I have imported a dxf, corrected any open loops. Copied from the 2D sketch and pasted into new part. then in Feature I select Scale or mirror. I can't seem to get it to select.
    I select the xy plane first,
    I select the geomerty I want to scale and it turns blue, but nothing happens.
    I'm still missinig something.
    David L. Aery
    www.hooksolutions.com

Smile

If you paid your maintence and are up to date and up to snuff, your are entitled to live technical support from alibre. call and get connected and then they will do a GO TO MEETING with you and can walk you through the process or tell you what you have wrong as they will share control of your screen while you are on the telephone with them. it has always been a small goofy thing and they had it worked out in no time and do a very good job of explaining what and how to use the software. also if possible load the new 2011 software. it is far easier and faster than the older versions. practice helps you to get better so every night when I get home from work I try to draw something for tomorrow and am slowly getting the hang of it. now able to draw a pipe with API tapered thread as it should be, not just cosmetic thread call out. the more I use it the better I like it and the easier it gets.

Good Luck
    The Farmer

Thanks Farmer. I have the support, I'll give them a call Monday. I was just trying to gets past this simple thing over the weekend.
    David L. Aery
    www.hooksolutions.com