585,763 active members*
4,463 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Help identifying an old stepper driver board

Help identifying an old stepper driver board

I recently got ripped off by taking remote delivery of a cute little Sherline CNC retrofit. The seller (who I never met) was supposed to provide docs etc but just took my money. I got the mill working but just blew it up a little tying to straighten out the wiring mess that would have blown up on its own if i didn't do it first. I have no idea who made the 4 axis bipolar stepper driver board. it seems to be a chopper and maybe microstepping. my guess is that it is 10 to 15 years old???i need to identify it so i can figure out a few switch lines. some lines were jumped together and i accidentally lost track of which ones were. there is no identification on the silk screen or the copper on either side of the board.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unknown_stepper_driver.jpg  

It could be a Xylotex.
    The picture looks very similar except for the fuse(?) by the power plug.
    Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

thanks that sure looks like what i have

thanks for the speedy reply. the four axis version is what i have. the only difference is the cap (not a fuse) where something else is in the current doc. with your identification i was able to determine that nothing is wrong with the board. the wires i accidentally cut were not needed anyway as they were just redundant common leads for the step and dire signals. the guy who set this thing up was a moron and a slob. i accidentally fried something trying to figure out all the same color leads and sloppy soldering. now i can concentrate on what is probably the problem, a burned out buffer chip on the breakout board or maybe the parallel port on the computer.:cheers: