585,737 active members*
4,773 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fanuc 6T (GN6T) Not ready

I Just picked up a Hardinge Superslant with the GN6t control. I powered up the machine, Released the e-stop buton, The control goes through the boot but stops before showing the position page.

When i press the emergency reset button the x axis brake releases and the x starts to slowly drop but the hydraulics and the drives don't kick in. The pil light is on, there is 5v, 15v, and 24v @ the power supply but not at the check pins on the main pcb. there are no lights on the main pcb.

The crt shows alarm flashing in the lower right corner, and 1000 emergency stop not ready

The axis seem plenty far away from any of the ends of travel. I did not see the machine run before I got it, but was told it did run ( I know, we've all heard that before!)

Can someone please help?

I's the input unit showing a red light? It will be close to the mother section. It has a green light. But also a bad little red light next to it.
    Is that the one w/simens drives?

Thanks for the reply,
    I believe it has siemens drives, The only red light I saw was on the 12v power supply. The little power unit with the green pil light only has the green light on.

I did notice a couple lights on on the spindle drive, and the axis drives.

I'm not an ace on these. But the last one I set up had a bunch of taps that have to be set on all the transformers in the back. ( like 5 or 6 of um )
    Take your time and with a meter. Check the outputs of all the transformers. They have screw taps that are a very slight + or - volts settings to get to the correct voltage. You'll need a good light back there.
    All those tranformers on the floor in the back must be within the + - 10% of their stated output. Jim
    The last call on one of these I did the guy had every transformer set but one. That cost him a service call that took 15 min. to complete. I drove 1 1/2 hrs to get there. GL
    Jim

Thanks Jim,
    I will check those out.

I appreciate it,
    Eric