585,722 active members*
4,124 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Raster engraving a vector drawing

OK forgive me if I misstate some things, but I was wondering if you could select only the lines when you raster engrave & not the spaces between the lines ( or is that called engraving on low power ) . I did some tempered glass and used cut at about 30s/15 p ( 100 w), and it looked like a almost joined dashes. It actually looked good, but then I rastered the same image (600 s/15 p ) and it took probably 30 mins. JUst in thinking about the process if it only rastered the lines not the spaces it would still have to cover the same area of material and take just as long. Just might be easier on the tube. Any way just wondered if that was the nature of the beast, as my machine is probably better suited to cutting rather than engraving. Anything above 600 speed, causes step loss. Sorry I should have posted pics - I'll add some. TIA Nev

glass

3 on left engraved with different power /speed to see results, 4th rastered. Sorry for the flash.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02949.JPG   DSC02951.JPG  

This should be real easy, just put an inline on it the width you want for the line.

Zax.

Is that in Design SW or Lasercut? I'm using Aspire ( primarily a 3D CNC package, but can output a dxf ) but am trying to familiarize myself with Corel ( I have X4).

I don't have Lasercut so don't know what's possible with it, but it can be done in Corel (although I don't use that much either). In case you're wondering, I use Artcam, GSP Omega and SolidWorks.

Zax.