585,754 active members*
4,168 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Tool change issue

Good Morning CNCZone, I am back for some more wisdom!

Recently our 6030 is alarming out during random tool changes. There is no message provided other than Emergency Stop. The problem is kind of odd and a pain to try to replicate so I am a bit stumped. When a tool change is initiated the carousel will move in and grab the tool, the spindle will unclamp and then it will hang. I can press Jog to recover and the spindle will reclamp and the carousel will move back but the tool number will get changed back to 1 and I have to reset the tool order. Several months back we had replaced the springs on the drawbar, I have checked the air pressure and everything looks good.

Any ideas on the problem or a possible solution?

Thanks for reading!

Garrett

Edited to add: The operator has told me that it happened once with no tool in the spindle.

atc

It sounds like the atc fault switch is tripping.there is a roller switch mounted by the atc spindle shaft under the smaller cover,there may be dirt making it stick or more common is the atc took a bit of a hit and the shaft is hanging up,loosen the bolts on the upper support bearing and then retighten this should line it up again. you can go to the command screen and type DI,enter,DS this will bring up the swicth display screen when done with it type X,enter to get out of it.

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for taking so long to get back. I will give it a shot and reply with the results. It hasn't been acting up as much the last few days, I guess it's in a better mood lol.

Thanks again!

Smile If you continue to have problems...

...check this forum and alex's comments.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fadal/...ure_alarm.html

Steve

6030 TC Problem...solved!

Quote Originally Posted by GM81 View Post
    Good Morning CNCZone, I am back for some more wisdom!

Recently our 6030 is alarming out during random tool changes. There is no message provided other than Emergency Stop. The problem is kind of odd and a pain to try to replicate so I am a bit stumped. When a tool change is initiated the carousel will move in and grab the tool, the spindle will unclamp and then it will hang. I can press Jog to recover and the spindle will reclamp and the carousel will move back but the tool number will get changed back to 1 and I have to reset the tool order. Several months back we had replaced the springs on the drawbar, I have checked the air pressure and everything looks good.

Any ideas on the problem or a possible solution?

Thanks for reading!

Garrett

Edited to add: The operator has told me that it happened once with no tool in the spindle.
    This is an easy one. The switch on the turret spindle is not adjusted properly. Remove the cover to expose the turret spindle, locate the roller switch and adjust it off the shaft taper just a little. When your machine either grabs or releases the tool, it is either pulling or pushing on the turret, moving it up or down slightly and causing the switch to make and e-stop the machine. I have personal experience with this one on a trip to Canada for a service call none of the Canadian "Mag" techs could figure out. Took me about 2 hours of watching and testing before I found it. Same symptoms here.

Good luck and let me know if I can help further.

Brian D.
    FadalCNC

Once again sorry for the late response.

Things have been gravely slow so there hasn't been much need to run our 6030 and things have been put off. Anyway, we landed a decent contract and had some money to spend so we had a company come out and service all of our Fadals... thank god because they have been neglected for so long.

One of they guys that came out told me that the problem was becuase of, for a lack of a better description, a collar/sleeve in the draw bar assy. It is more or less a sleeve with a step in the ID with a hole through the side. The one he pulled from the machine was pretty nasty looking, where there should be a step in the ID there was more of a gnarled radius and there was a few deep gashes on the OD. After they serviced it all seems to be well. I just wrote a TC cycle program and have ran it several times through with no hangs.

Thanks for all the responses! I am slowly learning the ins and outs of Fadals as far as maintenance goes and you guys are always more than helpful.

I would like to hear any thoughts on the said problem, I have often wondered about what repair people say.

Thanks again!

Garrett

To view "machine alarms" go to Enter Next Command and enter DI then enter DE. The machine error log will display. Sometimes a machine error message will lead you to find issues that do not display in the program error pages. to clear the error list use DI followed be CE. The top error is the last occurence.

Neal