X5 drafting is different than in previous versions. This is probably due to a user request, but I prefer the way it used to work. Since I do all of my design work and solid modeling in MC, I also produce the detail drawings in MC. I use the "Smart Dimension" 95% of the time. In previous versions, you could select the things to dimension and then "Adjust Text" to add comments like 2PL while still live in the dimensioning function. When you drag the pointer over to select the "Adjust Text" button the dimension shown may change since the pointer position helps to determine the type of dimension (horizontal, verticle, etc) you are doing. This was never a problem ssince the dimension value remained dynamic and would correct itself once the pointer was back to where you wanted to place the dimension. In X5, using the adjust text button to add comments will lock the value to what ever was displayed when the button was selected. I know I could place the dimension first and then go in to adjust text but I may need to move the position of the dimension if my comments don't fit correctly. I could also pick the type of dimension (horizontal, verticle, etc) and it will not use the pointer position to determine the type of diemnsion and all is fine. Each of these options is an extra step in the process. It is not really a big deal to hit the H or V key, but my pupose for this thread is to alert those that use dimensioning to the potential problem of placing an incorrect diemnsion on the drawing. The dimension is no longer dynamic once the adjust text function is used.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

http://www.rosettastonediscount4u.com/