585,981 active members*
4,530 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Anyone Have A Okuma Genos m560-v

Anyone Have A Okuma Genos m560-v

We are looking at buying a new machining center, does anyone have any first hand experience the new genos verticals? Anyone have one with a 4th axis?
    ,Buster

Genos M460VE

I don't believe any 560V's have hit the states yet (very soon) , but I will say the little brother to it is rock solid and performs extremely well. Have run steel, aluminum and titanium in both heavy and high speed roughing in all materials mentioned, and followed with super finishing. Was able to achieve an 8AA RMS finish on a surfaced aluminum part as compared to a 12AA on previous models (MB-series).

Great name, marketing makes me hungry. Makes me think of pizza, after all that is where the name came from. MB is a GREAT machine. Please watch prices and options. The GENOS has very limited options, and really is a US standard for the MB. I would hate to see you get hosed. Regardless i think you will love the machine.

We are using M460 VE for two months. Even no need for dnc. Looks like MB series. And We will add A axis.

we just ordered a M560-V with a tsumakoma 4th axis I have ran okuma machines for years never had a complaint. Just wondering what some people here thought. Thanks for the replies. The genos had every option I wanted except for glass scales, but the accuracy without will be plenty good for the work it will be doing.

Installed our M460-VE last month and it is rock solid awesome. It replaced a Haas VF2SS and we can now make up to 10x the depth of cuts. Also it's really quiet -- no scales option but the accuracy is a tenth with good work and tool holding.

Genos

The Genos verical is on the same platform as the Okuma MB verticals but have a few less options. MB's as still available. These are very good machines.