585,886 active members*
6,259 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MQL Minimum Quantity Lubricants

Hello,
    I've just began looking into minimum quantity lubrication systems for some of the CNC machines in the machine shop within the company I'm working for. I see there are a few companies out there already selling different configurations of systems. They tend to look almost identical, and all say that they are great. I don't know if they tend to amount to large initial cost, and wasted tools while the machinists learn to adjust coolant amounts with respect to each type of cutting. Most of all, I haven't seen hardly any direct feedback from the average user of these systems with respect to transitioning from standard coolant to the MQL systems.

I know that the environmental impact of using less than a 10oz of vegetable based oil in 40hrs of operation could be great, as well as the cost savings and cleanliness issues of disposing of the standard coolants, could be well worth the investments.

I would appreciate any feedback anybody may be able to offer, especially any experience in using these systems.

Here is a link to one of the sites selling these systems: Unist delivers minimum quantity lubrication

:cheers:

Hello tmrvstyle,

The systems may look the same and I know that they all claim to be good but you have to look a little deeper into the systems and the fluid being applied. UNIST systems and fluids are different in many ways. It is the combination of the system and the fluid that makes UNIST superior in this field. The cost savings is realized in a short period of time and more than justifies the up front cost. There is support from UNIST to assist with setting up the system so you won't have to worry about losing expensive tools while adjusting the system to your application. I would be more than happy to assist you with any questions that you have about UNIST and direct you to current users of the systems that would be willing to talk to you about their experiences with the products.

See the attached testimonials from current users of UNIST products.
    Attached Files Attached Files