585,727 active members*
4,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam X3 Lathe arc moves reversed in post.

Mastercam X3 Lathe arc moves reversed in post.

Hello,

I'm using MC X3 Lathe to write code for a Mach3 controlled lathe conversion.
    The machine definision I selected is the Lathe 2-axis slant bed.

The problem I'm having is that the post out puts a G3 arc move when a G2 is required and visa versa.

I've tried modifying the machine definition to use lower left X turret or a upper right X turret. Still no change in the posted code.

Thanks for any help.
    Barry
    Tormach PCNC1100, Mach 3 R3.043.037, MastercamX5 level 3.

Lathe

Wouldn't a lower left AND upper right be the same positions relative to the spindle???

Try lower right, and if that doesn't work, open up your machine definition manager and see if there is a place in there to configure G02 and G03 for clockwise/counterclockwise etc...

Quote Originally Posted by jolafson View Post
    Wouldn't a lower left AND upper right be the same positions relative to the spindle???

Try lower right, and if that doesn't work, open up your machine definition manager and see if there is a place in there to configure G02 and G03 for clockwise/counterclockwise etc...
    I see what your saying...the orginal X turret is Upper Left. So I was hoping that Lower Left would change the relative position.

I didn't see anything in the Machine or Control definition that looked like the arcs could be reversed.

without having to make changes to the post program using a lower turret you will get what you need correctly.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I tried a HAAS Tool Room Lathe definition which used a lower turret. This created NC code were the X moves away from C/L in the negetive direction. This caused other issues. I finally found a setting in the controller that was active to 'reverse arcs' ???
    Had nothing to do with Mastercam.

I appreciate the help anyways, thanks