584,854 active members*
4,347 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!
Page 11 of 41 91011121321

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    You can get away with this method on self built hobby machines, but my installations are for industrial customers so I have to conform to code.
    Al.
    What I do complys with all codes and is for the industry, it is the same as what most machine manufactures use and exactly the same wiring configuration as what Haas cnc machines use

What I posted above can also use the charge pump also, because Killrmodz has the C32 Breakout board he does not need to add anything, everything is on his Breakout board ready for him to configure
    Mactec54

The codes definitely state remove all motive power in the case of an E-stop.
    A VFD e-stop in the FWD command is definitely not code, it requires the recommended contactor drop out.
    The Haas I have worked on have a 24v control circuit for the system stop start that engages the spindle controller. and main power.
    I guess you don't have the contactor on the VFD supply as just about all the VFD manuals suggest, including Huanyang?
    You will probably see the requirement for Safety Relays in the future, as is required in Europe.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Ok, so for my config for running my spindle/huanyanvfd/mach3.
    VFD Configs:
    PD013 - 8
    PD001 - 1
    PD002 - 1
    PD003 - 400
    PD004 - 400
    PD005 - 400
    PD007 - 20
    PD008 - 220
    PD009 - 15
    PD010 - 8
    PD011 - 120
    PD014 - 12
    PD015 - 12
    PD70 - 0
    PD72 - 400
    PD73 - 120
    PD141 - 220
    PD142 - 5
    PD143 - 2
    PD144 - 3000

Mach config:
    Basic instructions can be found at machs website/forums, which I followed and wiring at the end of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mrneHp-6VI. I just modified my output as I didn't care for reverse.

VFD config:
    From BoB - - - - to - - - - VFD Terminals

Analog GND - - - - - - - - ACM bottom
    Analog OutPut - - - - - - VI (10v) bottom
    Relay for FOR - - - - - - - FOR Top
    Relay for REV - - - - - - - REV Top
    Logic GND - - - - - - - - - DCM bottom

Let me know if you all have success.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    The codes definitely state remove all motive power in the case of an E-stop.
    A VFD e-stop in the FWD command is definitely not code, it requires the recommended contactor drop out.
    The Haas I have worked on have a 24v control circuit for the system stop start that engages the spindle controller. and main power.
    I guess you don't have the contactor on the VFD supply as just about all the VFD manuals suggest, including Huanyang?
    You will probably see the requirement for Safety Relays in the future, as is required in Europe.
    Al.
    What was stated in the above Posts where for Killrmodz before I knew he had the C32 Board which already has everything he needs

All my control systems use 24V and everything has the necessary contactors,including the VFD, that are needed for correct safety requirements, for any country in the world even the requirement for Europe, I do export so know what requirements are needed
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by killrmodz View Post
    Ok, so for my config for running my spindle/huanyanvfd/mach3.
    VFD Configs:
    PD013 - 8
    PD001 - 1
    PD002 - 1
    PD003 - 400
    PD004 - 400
    PD005 - 400
    PD007 - 20
    PD008 - 220
    PD009 - 15
    PD010 - 8
    PD011 - 120
    PD014 - 12
    PD015 - 12
    PD70 - 0
    PD72 - 400
    PD73 - 120
    PD141 - 220
    PD142 - 5
    PD143 - 2
    PD144 - 3000

Mach config:
    Basic instructions can be found at machs website/forums, which I followed and wiring at the end of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mrneHp-6VI. I just modified my output as I didn't care for reverse.

VFD config:
    From BoB - - - - to - - - - VFD Terminals

Analog GND - - - - - - - - ACM bottom
    Analog OutPut - - - - - - VI (10v) bottom
    Relay for FOR - - - - - - - FOR Top
    Relay for REV - - - - - - - REV Top
    Logic GND - - - - - - - - - DCM bottom

Let me know if you all have success.

Thanks!
    With the spindle you have you can not use Reverse if it was engaged you will see lots of Smoke, this should never be activated in your VFD
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    With the spindle you have you can not use Reverse if it was engaged you will see lots of Smoke, this should never be activated in your VFD
    I know, why I don't have REV wired up and have pd023 set to 0. So i'm pretty stoked. Thanks all who helped! If there are any questions please ask. Special thanks to Mactec54 and Al The Man!!!

So last week I was having trouble setting up my 110 Volt Huanyang VFD model HY01D511B with a 110 V spindle 1.5 Kw, 5A, 400Khz, 24000rpm. By the way, the VFD is 220V, but you can lower the voltage and use only one phase for the power in connection. Something I did in this setup.

For the life of me last week I was ready to give my 3 year old the motor and the VFD to use it as a stool. However, I finally managed to get it to work with the front panel pot, and now I can get 3600 to 24000 rpm with a 3 sec acceleration delay. Because I do not want someone else to endure what I went through I am sharing the PD parameters with you. If anyone believes that can improve this setup, please contribute. I will test our your suggestions. Otherwise someone else with a 110 Volt Spindle can have some piece.

110 Volt VFD & Spindle Setup

Function Code Value
    Front Panel Operation PD001 0
    Front Panel Knob PD002 1
    main Frequency PD003 400
    Base Frequency PD004 400
    Max Frequency PD005 400
    Intermediate Frequency PD006 2.5
    min Frequency PD007 10
    Max voltage PD008 110
    Intermediate Voltage PD009 15
    Min Voltage PD010 8
    Frequency Lower Limit PD011 60
    Acceleration Time PD014 3
    Deceleration Time PD015 5
    Analog Input PD070 1
    Analog Filter PD071 20
    Lower Analog Frequency PD072 400
    Higher Analog Frequency PD073 60
    Rated Motor Voltage PD141 110
    Rated Motor Current PD142 5
    Motor Poles PD143 2
    Rated Motor RPM PD144 3000

Quote Originally Posted by pianori View Post
    So last week I was having trouble setting up my 110 Volt Huanyang VFD model HY01D511B with a 110 V spindle 1.5 Kw, 5A, 400Khz, 24000rpm. By the way, the VFD is 220V, but you can lower the voltage and use only one phase for the power in connection. Something I did in this setup.

For the life of me last week I was ready to give my 3 year old the motor and the VFD to use it as a stool. However, I finally managed to get it to work with the front panel pot, and now I can get 3600 to 24000 rpm with a 3 sec acceleration delay. Because I do not want someone else to endure what I went through I am sharing the PD parameters with you. If anyone believes that can improve this setup, please contribute. I will test our your suggestions. Otherwise someone else with a 110 Volt Spindle can have some piece.

110 Volt VFD & Spindle Setup

Function Code Value
    Front Panel Operation PD001 0
    Front Panel Knob PD002 1
    main Frequency PD003 400
    Base Frequency PD004 400
    Max Frequency PD005 400
    Intermediate Frequency PD006 2.5
    min Frequency PD007 10
    Max voltage PD008 110
    Intermediate Voltage PD009 15
    Min Voltage PD010 8
    Frequency Lower Limit PD011 60
    Acceleration Time PD014 3
    Deceleration Time PD015 5
    Analog Input PD070 1
    Analog Filter PD071 20
    Lower Analog Frequency PD072 400
    Higher Analog Frequency PD073 60
    Rated Motor Voltage PD141 110
    Rated Motor Current PD142 5
    Motor Poles PD143 2
    Rated Motor RPM PD144 3000
    These are the same settings I gave to you except for 2 which you have to change

PD011=100 this is the minimum speed you can safely run these spindles

PD073=100

All the others are the standard Parameters to set for these Spindles & VFD
    Mactec54

hi all I am still struggling with my VFD. I have followed the instructions from mactec54 and still no luck. I run the spindle for 20-30min and the spindle starts to get hot, is this normal? the only one thing that I find a little odd id that I cant set the PD03 to 400 as it will only set to 50?

thanks in advance
    ace8421

Quote Originally Posted by Ace8421 View Post
    hi all I am still struggling with my VFD. I have followed the instructions from mactec54 and still no luck. I run the spindle for 20-30min and the spindle starts to get hot, is this normal? the only one thing that I find a little odd id that I cant set the PD03 to 400 as it will only set to 50?

thanks in advance
    ace8421
    If you can't set it there is something wrong, you should not run it until it is set, you may have already damaged your spindle, this is the main Frequency and you should not run it until you get it set, there may be a problem with the VFD, but you have to get this set, or you will see the smoke
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Main Frequncey.PNG  
    Mactec54

I had the same issue with mine. I solved it my entering first the values backwards. First PD005=400, then PD004=400 and last PD003=400. Try that and see if it works. Also, try first setting the second digit 050.00, meaning the five change it to a one like this 010.00, and then move the cursor to the first digit to the left. It should now take the 4 number digit and it should show 400.00.
    Let us know

Quote Originally Posted by pianori View Post
    I had the same issue with mine. I solved it my entering first the values backwards. First PD005=400, then PD004=400 and last PD003=400. Try that and see if it works. Also, try first setting the second digit 050.00, meaning the five change it to a one like this 010.00, and then move the cursor to the first digit to the left. It should now take the 4 number digit and it should show 400.00.
    Let us know
    This is usually not a problem, some have just had to do a few extra, Factory Resets, and that usually solves this, but you found another way, if it works it's something else to try if someone still has a problem after doing multiple resets
    Mactec54

Great thread guys

Would anyone care to share which store on eBay you bought your Huanyang VFD / Spindle set and your experience with this vendor?

Or perhaps what to look for to get a decent set?
    Nicolas

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    Great thread guys

Would anyone care to share which store on eBay you bought your Huanyang VFD / Spindle set and your experience with this vendor?

Or perhaps what to look for to get a decent set?
    I have bought my basic frame for the CNC router at:

Cnc Router kit | G0704 and BF20L Cnc Conversion Kit - Cnc

But I have also bought individual components with very good service and quality of parts from :
    Stepper Motor |CNC Router | Laser Machine | 3D Printers For Sale Stepper Motor | Stepper Motor Driver | CNC Router | Laser Machine | 3D Printers For Sale

Good links pianori, thanks

I know about Automationtechnologis, very good place, but has anyone bought their VFD / Spindles and if so good / bad experience?
    Nicolas

Good links pianori, thanks

I know about Automation technologies, very good place, but has anyone bought their VFD / Spindles and if so good / bad experience?
    Their VFDs are the Huanyang . This thread is all about those VFDs. They work fine if you set them up right. They also sell KLs which seem to be a little better quality ( at least visually-no personal experience with them). In my experience Automation technology's customer support is good. I have talked on the phone with them and they have addressed any product concerns and needs. So far whatever I have bought from them has worked fine and has been of good quality. You can buy the same thing on eBay and pay $20 less, but you get questionable quality even though it could be the same brand of item. Its like rolling dice. You could be fine, or you could have issues. Good luck troubleshooting or returning an item once bought on eBay. I have experienced good and bad with eBay. I now choose carefully my battles... I am not sure what part of the world you live in, but I am sure that the customer service response could vary depending on your location. If you live in the US things are going to be handled faster that if you live, for example in Greece.

On the other hand, the cnc conversion kit business is incredibly difficult to work with. My personal experience has shown me this. Their product is of great quality and you get more for the money you spent, but the wait, and the drama of dealing with the owner made me reconsider my purchase. I knew about the drama prior of me placing my purchase based on other posts, and still became increadibly frustrated.
    Any way, I hope that helps

-Eric

Thanks Eric

If you look at the left of my post you can see that I'm located in Canada
    Nicolas

Thanks Eric

If you look at the left of my post you can see that I'm located in Canada
    Sorry about that. I made an assumption due to your profile name as It sounds Greek to me. I lived in Greece for some time thus my suspicion. But I was wrong. Well, Canada is just as good as far as distance goes. The only thing is you will have to deal with customs since automated technologies inc is located it the USA. That can potentially increase cost and lead time.

Take care.

Hello all. I've been looking everywhere for the answer to a question I thought would be pretty simple. Now, I figure I'm probably wrong about that. I am setting up a small vertical mill in my garage with a 230/3/60 1 HP motor. I know what FLA current NEC says I should design to. So my question is, what current should I expect from a 5 HP, 4 kW, 220/1/60 input, three phase output VFD from Huan Yang? I have written to one of their eBay reps but we're not speaking the same language. I have a manual, but it does not indicate what the available output current is. Am I overthinking the issue? I think the above VFD ought to work, but I don't know how to decipher the manual. Thanks, Bob

Page 11 of 41 91011121321