585,741 active members*
5,283 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!
Page 12 of 41 2101112131422

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Quote Originally Posted by pennrg View Post
    Hello all. I've been looking everywhere for the answer to a question I thought would be pretty simple. Now, I figure I'm probably wrong about that. I am setting up a small vertical mill in my garage with a 230/3/60 1 HP motor. I know what FLA current NEC says I should design to. So my question is, what current should I expect from a 5 HP, 4 kW, 220/1/60 input, three phase output VFD from Huan Yang? I have written to one of their eBay reps but we're not speaking the same language. I have a manual, but it does not indicate what the available output current is. Am I overthinking the issue? I think the above VFD ought to work, but I don't know how to decipher the manual. Thanks, Bob
    If your motor is 1 Hp and 240v 3 Ph then it would be 3.1 amps this would be set in Parameter PD142=3 this would protect the motor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pennrg View Post
    Hello all. I've been looking everywhere for the answer to a question I thought would be pretty simple. Now, I figure I'm probably wrong about that. I am setting up a small vertical mill in my garage with a 230/3/60 1 HP motor. I know what FLA current NEC says I should design to. So my question is, what current should I expect from a 5 HP, 4 kW, 220/1/60 input, three phase output VFD from Huan Yang? I have written to one of their eBay reps but we're not speaking the same language. I have a manual, but it does not indicate what the available output current is. Am I overthinking the issue? I think the above VFD ought to work, but I don't know how to decipher the manual. Thanks, Bob
    If your motor is 1 Hp and 240v 3 Ph then it would be 3.1 amps this would be set in Parameter PD142=3 this would protect the motor
    Mactec54

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to go ahead with the 4 kW VFD.

Hi all. I am new to the forum and have found a lot of useful information here to get me up and running but I still have a couple of questions. I am wondering why there is no mention of parameter PD 176. That is the Inverter Frequency Standard which is set at 50 Hz by default. My understanding of the application of this parameter is that it is the standard by which the firmware makes certain calculations such as the function of parameter PD 144. With that said, should I not set PD 176 to "1" = 60 Hz for use here in the US? Also the factory default setting for PD 144, according to my programming manual (I have yet to power up my drive), is 1440. My take is that this is a reflection of a calculated synchronous rpm of 1500 ( 50 Hz X 120/4 poles} with about a 4% slip calculation to reflect the actual shaft rpm under load. With that said, if PD 176 is set to 60 then with a 400 Hz 2 pole spindle motor the calculated synchronous rpm would be 3600 rpm. If one wants the display to read the actual rpm of the spindle shaft then one would have to set PD 144 to reflect the appropriate slip for their particular motor; not? Even if you use 50 Hz at 176 and 3000 at 144 there will always be a discrepancy between the displayed rpm and the actual rpm if verified with a tachometer. Even with no load there will be some drag on the motor from the fan (air cooled version), bearing friction and air turbulence between the armature and stater. Any thoughts?
    Thanks and a great forum BTW

I agree GEdward, I’m going thru all the parameters in the manual and have the same questions but I’m waiting to read the manual a few more times to hopefully understand what is going on.
    Nicolas

Quote Originally Posted by GEdward View Post
    Hi all. I am new to the forum and have found a lot of useful information here to get me up and running but I still have a couple of questions. I am wondering why there is no mention of parameter PD 176. That is the Inverter Frequency Standard which is set at 50 Hz by default. My understanding of the application of this parameter is that it is the standard by which the firmware makes certain calculations such as the function of parameter PD 144. With that said, should I not set PD 176 to "1" = 60 Hz for use here in the US? Also the factory default setting for PD 144, according to my programming manual (I have yet to power up my drive), is 1440. My take is that this is a reflection of a calculated synchronous rpm of 1500 ( 50 Hz X 120/4 poles} with about a 4% slip calculation to reflect the actual shaft rpm under load. With that said, if PD 176 is set to 60 then with a 400 Hz 2 pole spindle motor the calculated synchronous rpm would be 3600 rpm. If one wants the display to read the actual rpm of the spindle shaft then one would have to set PD 144 to reflect the appropriate slip for their particular motor; not? Even if you use 50 Hz at 176 and 3000 at 144 there will always be a discrepancy between the displayed rpm and the actual rpm if verified with a tachometer. Even with no load there will be some drag on the motor from the fan (air cooled version), bearing friction and air turbulence between the armature and stater. Any thoughts?
    Thanks and a great forum BTW
    It's always good to have comments like this, but most that have done lots of the VFD Drives as well as repaired them, know that the set of Parameter I post work without any problems

Your inverter standard is 400Hz when running these high speed spindles 50Hz or 60 Hz is not even in the picture, and if you use 50Hz or 60Hz settings in the wrong place you will fry your spindle
    60 Hz is not even part of what you are trying to achieve with a 400Hz spindle, I have run many in testing and never seen a discrepancy and PD176 has never been changed from the Default which is not set to anything at all from the manual it does not say that it is related in anyway to the spindle speed, 3000 is the number to get spindle max RPM

This is from the manual
    PD176 Inverter Frequency Standard Unit:1 Factory Setting:* 0:50Hz 1:60Hz It is factory setting. It can be observed, but not set.

This parameter can not be changed by the user, it is Factory set
    Mactec54

Thanks Mactec54. Yes I realize that the input frequency has nothing to do with the output frequency and I have no intention of entering 50 or 60 in ANY parameter field where it does not belong. As I said, I have yet to power this drive up. Now that I have taken the time to read the parameter explanation for 176 on page 59 of the manual it does say that it is only observed but not set. Since 144 is based on the 50 Hz and that fact can't be changed then it is a given that 3000 is the correct value to achieve 24,000 on the display.

Again, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GEdward View Post
    Thanks Mactec54. Yes I realize that the input frequency has nothing to do with the output frequency and I have no intention of entering 50 or 60 in ANY parameter field where it does not belong. As I said, I have yet to power this drive up. Now that I have taken the time to read the parameter explanation for 176 on page 59 of the manual it does say that it is only observed but not set. Since 144 is based on the 50 Hz and that fact can't be changed then it is a given that 3000 is the correct value to achieve 24,000 on the display.

Again, thanks.
    If you use the list that I have posted many times, that suits your spindle spec's, you will be up and running before you know it, there are some tweak's that can be done but only it you need it, in my lists I don't go into DC Braking and torque Control, because if these setting are not set incorrect, the spindle and Drive can be damaged
    Mactec54

This thread has been very helpful. I have a bit of an outlier for a spindle that is not even referenced as existing in the Huanyang manual. I have a 1.5kw spindle but it is 110v not 220, I've only been able to find VFD settings for the 220 version and have been having trouble getting the spindle to start. When I press run the spindle engages and start to spin for a second but is stopped and produces error E.OC.A. I'm not very knowledgable but this seems like an acceleration problem? I have been trying every list of recommended VFD settings and can never get the spindle to continuously run. Does anyone know of a settings list that should work for the 1.5kw 110v spindle with 2kw huanyang vfd? Very much appreciated and if it helps I can record a video or take pictures.

Follow this thread especially from post #41 to now, I have 110VAC spindle but mine is 800W and my VFD is for 110VAC input

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...ml#post1955992
    Nicolas

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    Follow this thread especially from post #41 to now, I have 110VAC spindle but mine is 800W and my VFD is for 110VAC input

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...ml#post1955992
    Thanks for the tip, I read through the thread and followed the suggested settings by mactec54 and still no luck. I have tried many suggested configurations and none seem to work, I have reset VFD many times and started from scratch and haven't had anything that doesn't produce the error code E.OC.A. I am thinking there are some settings I need to adjust that are different because my spindle is 110v and 1.5kw, my manual only lists a 220v version existing but the spindle is confirmed 110v from seller and from testing.

Quote Originally Posted by cownc View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I read through the thread and followed the suggested settings by mactec54 and still no luck. I have tried many suggested configurations and none seem to work, I have reset VFD many times and started from scratch and haven't had anything that doesn't produce the error code E.OC.A. I am thinking there are some settings I need to adjust that are different because my spindle is 110v and 1.5kw, my manual only lists a 220v version existing but the spindle is confirmed 110v from seller and from testing.
    I have never seen a 110v 1.5Kw spindle and don't think there was one, check to see if the spindle is etched with the spindle spec's

You need to set the VFD with the settings I provided or you will damage the spindle or the VFD

The EOCA could be 2 things you have a short in your wiring from the VFD to the spindle, or the spindle windings could be damaged

Or something as simple as increasing the ramp up time Parameter PD014

What you have is a over current draw from the spindle PD142 may need to be increased it should be 7 but don't go over 9 or you will fry the spindle

The first thing you have to check is the spindle wiring before you do any other changes

So set the Parameters correct and check you wiring

If your spindle is 110v and 1.5Kw then yes it needs a different Amp setting PD142 would have to be 12
    by what I just found for a spindle like this

But don't do this change unless you are sure of the spindle spec's or this number would fry it on startup
    Mactec54

cownc

Well I just found some that say they are 110v 1.5Kw spindles and it seems they are running them at 12 amps so PD142=12, this is quite high for a 120v system when you have other parts of your machine to run as well, you most likely need a 20A supply to run your machine more the better for safety
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    cownc

Well I just found some that say they are 110v 1.5Kw spindles and it seems they are running them at 12 amps so PD142=12, this is quite high for a 120v system when you have other parts of your machine to run as well, you most likely need a 20A supply to run your machine more the better for safety
    Here are the markings on it just to confirm

Thanks for all the details, I tried changing PD142 past 7 but it appears to be capped there and was unable to raise it. Any suggestions? I double checked my motor wiring and it appears to be correct.

Is your VFD for 110VAC or 220VAC?
    Nicolas

Here are the markings on it just to confirm

Thanks for all the details, I tried changing PD142 past 7 but it appears to be capped there and was unable to raise it. Any suggestions? I double checked my motor wiring and it appears to be correct.

You should be able to change it to any number you want,up to the max of the VFD Drive, check PD000=0 if 1 it is locked

As you can see on the spindle it has 5A that is not correct for 110V it would need to be a minimum of 12A

Look at the spec's for the VFD as well it may not be the right one for this spindle, look to see what the max output Amps are

If that is the max you can go to set PD014=20 just to see if you can get it up to speed with out it faulting out
    Mactec54

Just wondering about the the relay to switch FOR or REV controls of Spindle converter on a Huanyang. What is the current to flow though the relay into the controller and what is the voltage on the contacts?

I purchased a 30A relay 277VAC
    20A 28VDC

I have a feeling this is too big for the intended purpose... any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Sheep View Post
    Just wondering about the the relay to switch FOR or REV controls of Spindle converter on a Huanyang. What is the current to flow though the relay into the controller and what is the voltage on the contacts?

I purchased a 30A relay 277VAC
    20A 28VDC

I have a feeling this is too big for the intended purpose... any suggestions?
    You would be using 5v to 24vDc from your Breakout Board to switch the Relay, the VFD side is usually 10v to 24v Dc depending on how you wire the VFD

So you need a Dc switching relay not a Ac , one to look at DC60S3
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You should be able to change it to any number you want,up to the max of the VFD Drive, check PD000=0 if 1 it is locked

As you can see on the spindle it has 5A that is not correct for 110V it would need to be a minimum of 12A

Look at the spec's for the VFD as well it may not be the right one for this spindle, look to see what the max output Amps are

If that is the max you can go to set PD014=20 just to see if you can get it up to speed with out it faulting out
    Double checked and PD000=0 and PD142 is capped at 7.0, also tried PD014=20 and it still faults. I think I may not have a proper VFD, here are the markings on the side of it.

I worry I might just have to sell this thing and get a 0.8kw spindle or something 220v as this thing is a mystery. If I get an 0.8kw spindle I need a new motor mount. Does anyone know if Dewalt routers fit in the same mounts for the 1.5 and 2.2kw spindle? I really need to get this machine running, it's been sitting for ages. I picked up a B&D router on craigslist but would need to fashion a mount for it and it looks like the dewalt slide into the 1.5.kw brackets.

Double checked and PD000=0 and PD142 is capped at 7.0, also tried PD014=20 and it still faults. I think I may not have a proper VFD, here are the markings on the side of it.

I worry I might just have to sell this thing and get a 0.8kw spindle or something 220v as this thing is a mystery. If I get an 0.8kw spindle I need a new motor mount. Does anyone know if Dewalt routers fit in the same mounts for the 1.5 and 2.2kw spindle? I really need to get this machine running, it's been sitting for ages. I picked up a B&D router on craigslist but would need to fashion a mount for it and it looks like the dewalt slide into the 1.5.kw brackets.
    The VFD spec's say it is good for 13A, so there is something wrong with doing the settings, you may have to do a reset, and then reset he Parameters you need, this happen sometimes, you may even have to do a reset more than once, to get it to work, you should be able to get at least 12.5A and that should get you running
    Mactec54

Hi there!!!

I own a chinese 800w VFD since 2012 and running like new, now I have a new cnc ethernet controller, I am already able to controle the spindle speed and start/stop from Mach3 but I would like to have the rpm feedback from the vfd into the mach3.
    As the VFD screen shows the current rpm of the spindle, how can I get that info, which are the pins on the vfd and what time of signal is it? Pwm or analog?

Thanks

Page 12 of 41 2101112131422