584,879 active members*
5,269 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!
Page 36 of 41 263435363738
    Quote Originally Posted by chopper13 View Post
    Croy9000,
    The HY factory video wiring the VFD has no earth connection in and no earth connection out to the spindle! They ran it that way. I tied the earth IN to the 9/ground terminal and also tied the earth OUT for the spindle to the same 9/ground terminal.
    Cheers
    Right, me too. But I am asking about the screw terminals I described in my post.

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

There is no mention of the 2 screws you are talking about in the manual that came with the VFD. The wiring diagram I have from another source has no mention of these screws either. So I have not earthed them. From the videos on youtube those two screws go down to a second circuit board below, it is unclear if they actually screw into that board or through it.If there is continuity between the two screws then they go into the second board. There is a youtube clip of the HY tear down but it is not too clear.
    HuanYang VFD Teardown - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Croy9000 View Post
    YAGQ (yet another grounding question). My Huanyang HY01D523B 220v 1.5kw has an additional two grounding screws located outside the normal rows of connecters. There is one on each side, and has a ground symbol embossed into the plastic. Its the same ones talked about in this video (jump to 5:15):

https://youtu.be/PFe7VfTXp7o?t=316

In that video he says they should be tied to ground. But in my case there is no continuity between either one, or to the main grounding post with the ground symbol (labeled in the manual earth ground). They also dont connect to DCM or ACM. To me those screws just look like assembly screws holding on the plastic. But without taking the unit apart, I can't say for sure they are conductive to anything. Also the manual mentions nothing about them.

Has anyone run into this? It is odd they have a ground symbol.
    They are using just a Plastic case that many different manufactures use your observation that they are not connected in any way is correct on some as that manufacture is not using them at all, so a Big Caution to anyone that watches videos like this

You would never connect them together even if they where an active Ground point

The Ground on all VFD Drives is the Heat sink of the VFD Drive, which in some cases is covered by the plastic case
    Mactec54

@chopper13 Thanks for the video, great resource. Yeah agree it's not clear. But I can see enough to be comfortable those screws are likely just going into heated inserts and are not tied to anything. Guess maybe certain models are different. Don't know if you watched to the end, but he did note that they used an odd screw for it.

@mactec54 Yep makes sense. Just going to ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by chopper13 View Post
    Elish,setting
    I have my VFD HY parameter PD014 set to 12 (seconds) and in Mach3 I do NOT have the( immediate relay off delay) ticked/ checked and the Mach3 spindle general setting CW at 10 but would assume the VFD is actually controlling the delay period as it is greater value than Mach3. I followed Mactec54's setting instructions and had no problems at all.
    Cheers
    10 or 12 sec is a good starting point for acceleration and deceleration this can be adjusted to suit your conditions can go as low as 3s on some of these spindle motors

It will fault if it can not get up to speed before the time is up so something you can play with is the acceleration and deceleration time

As for Ground / Earth connections videos can be good for basic how to only sometimes, as there is a lot of bad information in some of them

Ground / Earth Connection is a must from the Spindle to the VFD Drive and the input power Ground / Earth to the VFD Drive

Again a Chinese Video or any others, of not using a Ground / Earth wire is called population control you will see this a lot in China as a Ground / Earth is not one of there requirement's for safety

They even sell Spindle motors with a 3 pin plug for those that don't understand that it must have a 4 pin plug, you are dealing with 3 Phase Power 3 Hot / Live wires and a Ground / Earth wire so must be a 4 wire connection on the Spindle side
    Mactec54

Hello,
    How to connect the inverter?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WhatsApp Image 2020-04-03 at 22.33.49.jpg   WhatsApp Image 2020-04-03 at 22.33.58.jpg  

Alan, I do have a VFD just like or similar to the on described above. The power in and out to the motor seem to be somewhat clear, but I have questions on where to take the VR and V1 lines to my controller board. I have a new version of the board. V4.12 I believe.b Your thought5s please. I hope you still look at this forum. I never have much luck from them.

Hello All!
    I have two of these VFD's, one is 220v, the other is 110v.
    The problem I'm having is the settings for the break work good on the 220v VFD, but not on the 110v
    I have specifically ordered both VFD's with all the brake circuitry installed, and have them connected to a huge 200-watt 250-ohm load resistor!

I made a printout of the manual, and carefully wrote down all the settings in the 220v VFD, and made an exact copy onto the 110v !
    The only thing different is PD008 Max Voltage: set to 110

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
    Widgitmaster

Quote Originally Posted by widgitmaster View Post
    Hello All!
    I have two of these VFD's, one is 220v, the other is 110v.
    The problem I'm having is the settings for the break work good on the 220v VFD, but not on the 110v
    I have specifically ordered both VFD's with all the brake circuitry installed, and have them connected to a huge 200-watt 250-ohm load resistor!

I made a printout of the manual, and carefully wrote down all the settings in the 220v VFD, and made an exact copy onto the 110v !
    The only thing different is PD008 Max Voltage: set to 110

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
    Widgitmaster
    Why do you have the breaking resistor most will stop in 3 to 6 sec without it

Your motor spec Parameters should be different also form the 220v spindle
    Mactec54

The book that came with the 110v inverter is the same as the one that was with the 220v !
    the Resistor is part of the Brake circuit!
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Quote Originally Posted by widgitmaster View Post
    The book that came with the 110v inverter is the same as the one that was with the 220v !
    the Resistor is part of the Brake circuit!
    Correct with the manuals they are the same, are your spindles motors the same spec ???

There is no need for your VFD Drive to have the braking resistor connected, for your spindle operate normally, a Braking Resistor only helps if you have a tool changer and want to stop the spindle faster than normal most will do 3 seconds without the Braking Resistor installed, even the users that have auto tool changers most don't use a Braking Resistor

Post what Parameters you are using and your spindle spec's
    Mactec54

Hi there, this has been a very helpful thread!
    I have a question about the on board relay contacts FA FB FC.
    Id like to use the contact to stop my CNC mill by putting it into an E stop when the inverter goes into alarm. This would be any time the spindle stops rotating because of a fault, IE: over current, under voltage, over temp.....
    It appears that PD052 is used to select what function controls this relay. What setting should I use, #3 Fault indication or #10 Motor overload alarm? This info is found on page 40 of my VFD manual

Thanks
    Glen

Quote Originally Posted by Biggyboy View Post
    Hi there, this has been a very helpful thread!
    I have a question about the on board relay contacts FA FB FC.
    Id like to use the contact to stop my CNC mill by putting it into an E stop when the inverter goes into alarm. This would be any time the spindle stops rotating because of a fault, IE: over current, under voltage, over temp.....
    It appears that PD052 is used to select what function controls this relay. What setting should I use, #3 Fault indication or #10 Motor overload alarm? This info is found on page 40 of my VFD manual

Thanks
    Glen
    You can use the NC relay and it will open when there is a fault but RST is the correct terminal connection to use for the fault circuit
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You can use the NC relay and it will open when there is a fault but RST is the correct terminal connection to use for the fault circuit
    Thanks for the info!
    can you elaborate on the reset (RST) part?
    My understanding is the RST is an input to reset the VFD after a fault.
    I'm looking for an output from the VFD when there is a fault. to Estop my Mach3 run CNC Mill.

Thanks
    Glen

Quote Originally Posted by Biggyboy View Post
    Thanks for the info!
    can you elaborate on the reset (RST) part?
    My understanding is the RST is an input to reset the VFD after a fault.
    I'm looking for an output from the VFD when there is a fault. to Estop my Mach3 run CNC Mill.

Thanks
    Glen
    They are all switches that are either open or closed just like FWD and DCM ( 1 ) of the Relays is what most use for there safety circuit and is the easiest to use RST is also just a switch
    Mactec54

Hi

I recently bought a replacement 2.2kw HY02D223B vfd and have set it up on my cnc machine running an air cooled spindle. No matter what I do, I cannot get the front panel potentiometer to work. I don't need remote control at all and am happy to just use the pot on the front of the vfd, but I cannot get it to work. The spindle is working fine and I have been through this post and triple checked all the pd settings which are exactly the same as those on my old vfd. That one worked but this one doesn't.

I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what and just got myself confused. It's very difficult not being able to adjust the speed of the spindle.

I've left it for quite a while and am ready to tackle it again afresh.

Any helpful suggestions please?

Cheers

Had you tired the jumper to the side of all the input terminals?

I had the opposite problem, trying to control remotely, and that was the issue.

Cheers

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gfacer View Post
    Had you tired the jumper to the side of all the input terminals?

I had the opposite problem, trying to control remotely, and that was the issue.

Cheers

Yes, I've tried with the jumper in both positions but to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Sims View Post
    Yes, I've tried with the jumper in both positions but to no avail.
    I assume you have also flipped the external control program setting both ways too?

Page 36 of 41 263435363738