585,573 active members*
3,659 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang 2.2kW VFD slow rpm after M5 from Mach3
    RicksCNC Guest

Huanyang 2.2kW VFD slow rpm after M5 from Mach3

Hi everyone
    I'm new to forums so here goes, I run a Huanyang VFD & Spindle 2.2KW.
    It worked fine for nearly 2 years, but now when Mach3 sends a m5 for tool change or for job end
    the spindle keeps turning at low RPMs.I must turn off by activating the off button on the VFD keyboard.
    When problem started spindle kept turning at 25 to 48 RPMs but gradually with use now speed has gone up to 150 to 225 RPMs after M5.
    During cuts RPMs are a bit variant to actual by appx. 200 to 500 RPMs also I had a two incidents of Very low speed fluctuation with a duration of about 1 to 1.5 seconds as if brown out but this occurred only twice
    I understand that there is some sort of electrical leakage, but have no clue as to how to fix it.
    I bought a brand new Huangwang 2.2KW all works fine except the same problem has immediately occurred.
    I'm no electrician, Have built CNC from Scratch and never had problems before.

So my new purchase has not resolved my problem.
    My CNC is:
    1/2 Aluminum Frame ans Table 33in Y x 19in X cut
    Running Mach3
    Gecko g540 Smooth-stepper
    Nema 23 475 Oz/in XYZ
    Huanyang 2.2K VFD and water cooled Spindle
    6 mechanical limit switches.
    China 220v pump for Spindle coolant

Whole system works fine to .0001in tolerances no problem.

Any help or problem solving recommendations would be appreciated

Thanks

Kett

Re: Huanyang 2.2kW VFD slow rpm after M5 from Mach3

Hi Kett welcome. I was new once to this forum and have received great advice form the users here.
    You do not tell us how you are controlling the VFD 0 to 10 Volts or Modbus. I like you built a DIY CNC machine and it has run for over 5 years using the exact same VFD and spindle kit.
    So if we take each method of controlling one at a time if the RPM's you are seeing on the VFD does it match what Mach 3 sending this voltage out to the controller card? Or is the VFD somehow developed a stray voltage offset. A quick test on the analogue output of the controller card with a test meter will tell us what is going on.
    If you are using Modbus as I am with my VFD and ETH300 then you see on the VFD display what the controller card is outputting. Also in the Modbus Plugin one can read the speed commanded.