584,812 active members*
5,461 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!
Page 32 of 41 223031323334

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Quote Originally Posted by minitech cnc View Post
    Ok I set it up with these parameters. There was an error on start and it looked like it needed more time to spool up so I moved 14 and 15 from 15 to 25 and that worked.

It goes to 6000 and holds there.

What to change to give it control with the potentiometer on the panel?

Also I noticed there is a setting to let the VFD allow it to coast to a stop and with me using a brake it would be better to go from coasting to brake and not have the brake interrupt a controlled stop. Am I thinking of that right?

Nice feeling when something starts to work.

I think there is a problem with the VFD Drive as it should be working around 8 to 10 for that machine

Because you Don't have and can not fit a Breaking Resistor to your VFD Drive you have to let it do it own controlled stop or you will burn up the IGBT's coasting to a stop won't help, you still can't use the brake until it has almost stopped

To use the Pot just change this Jumper JI to 1-2 Position

You will need to change some of those settings as they don't suit that motor what is the motor Rated Voltage
    Mactec54

This is some Parameters to change the Voltage needs to be set at the motor rated voltage PD008 and PD141

You could activate DC Braking PD030=10 don't make any other changes in the Breaking Parameters

So first try these and then change the PD014= and the PD015= you should now be able to lower these Parameters, once you have done and tried this, then set PD030=10

PD006=2.5

PD007=10

PD008= ??? Motor Rated Voltage

PD009=20

PD010=8

PD011=40

PD141= ??? Motor Rated Voltage

PD142=5.5
    Mactec54

This is the lathe build so far. I pushed the VFD close to the spindle to get it in the picture, it is not close and no wires are near getting caught.

I bought a pneumatically controlled lathe from Craigslist and stripped all the things off that I didn't want. I wanted the motor, spindle and base only. I am going to mount an X-Z table to the base. I was initially going to look for a headstock from lathe parts and use a treadmill motor but this spindle setup is massive and very strong compared to that.

Right now I am just getting the subunits all together for function, an enclosed cabinet will be made to hold everything in. And all wires will be in their own metal shielding, flexible conduit for safety and noise insulation.

Attachment 419218

Changing the jumper did not work to give speed control with the pot in front. It was working for speed control initially before I changed the parameters.

Looks like motor voltage it 208-230. It is set to 230 now, is that right?

Attachment 419220

This is the lathe build so far. I pushed the VFD close to the spindle to get it in the picture, it is not close and no wires are near getting caught.

I bought a pneumatically controlled lathe from Craigslist and stripped all the things off that I didn't want. I wanted the motor, spindle and base only. I am going to mount an X-Z table to the base. I was initially going to look for a headstock from lathe parts and use a treadmill motor but this spindle setup is massive and very strong compared to that.

Right now I am just getting the subunits all together for function, an enclosed cabinet will be made to hold everything in. And all wires will be in their own metal shielding, flexible conduit for safety and noise insulation.

Attachment 419218

Changing the jumper did not work to give speed control with the pot in front. It was working for speed control initially before I changed the parameters.

Looks like motor voltage it 208-230. It is set to 230 now, is that right?

Attachment 419220
    I think there is some confusion going on here, you said you moved the VFD Drive to the Mill the setting changes where for the VFD Drive and the Mill, so where are you at now Lathe or Mill with the VFD Drive
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    I think there is some confusion going on here, you said you moved the VFD Drive to the Mill the setting changes where for the VFD Drive and the Mill, so where are you at now Lathe or Mill with the VFD Drive
    Sorry about the confusion. I did move it to the mill but then you mentioned about trying it starting with the clutch engaged on the lathe. I did that and it was able to start up with the clutch engaged. Thinking it over it makes sense to start like that anyway not to jar everything at speed.

So I’m back to getting it to work on the lathe.

I might ask questions about my Leeson VFD before trashing it but that won’t be for a long time.

Thanks again with this.

Sorry about the confusion. I did move it to the mill but then you mentioned about trying it starting with the clutch engaged on the lathe. I did that and it was able to start up with the clutch engaged. Thinking it over it makes sense to start like that anyway not to jar everything at speed.

So I’m back to getting it to work on the lathe.

I might ask questions about my Leeson VFD before trashing it but that won’t be for a long time.

Thanks again with this.
    Ok so now do everything that I posted in # 620 for the lathe

This may be why the Pot does not work you have PD002=1 it should be PD002=0 sometimes it does need to be ( 1 ) for Pot use but most times ( 0 ) makes it work

Post the spec's for the Leeson VFD I may have it in my files
    Mactec54

Ok so now do everything that I posted in # 620 for the lathe

This may be why the Pot does not work you have PD002=1 it should be PD002=0 sometimes it does need to be ( 1 ) for Pot use but most times ( 0 ) makes it work

Post the spec's for the Leeson VFD I may have it in my files
    Like this not quite but close to the same

This is some Parameters to change the Voltage needs to be set at the motor rated voltage PD008 and PD141

You could activate DC Braking PD030=5 don't make any other changes in the Breaking Parameters

So first try these and then change the PD014= and the PD015= you should now be able to lower these Parameters, once you have done and tried this, then set PD030=5

PD006=2.5

PD007=10

PD008= 230 Motor Rated Voltage

PD009=20

PD010=8

PD011=40

PD141=230 Motor Rated Voltage

PD142=13
    Mactec54

That helped. It starts faster and doesn't take so long to ramp up speed.

The pot still doesn't work, I moved 02 back to 1 and moved the jumper back to the right side, still not working.

But when it stops it has an error dcb every time.

Just moved the 02 back to 0 and still pot not doing anything

The pot still doesn't work, I moved 02 back to 1 and moved the jumper back to the right side, still not working.

Ok Put PD030=0 you VFD does not have Dc Braking control so can't use these settings

Check that these are set

PD001=0

PD002=0

PD070=0 ( Try this Parameter set to 1 for Pot Control )

PD072=100

PD073=40

And the Jumper must be on 1-2 Pins
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails J1 Pot Control.PNG  
    Mactec54

Ok Put PD030=0 you VFD does not have Dc Braking control so can't use these settings

Check that these are set

PD001=0

PD002=0

PD70=0

PD72=100

PD73=40

And the Jumper must be on 1-2 Pins
    Mactec54

ok did that.

It starts nicely with getting to 100Hz and stays there. Stopping it stops with no errors

No change with the pot.

I tried 70 =0 and =1 and no difference

I am going to run this VFD with either the breakout board 0-10v or RS450 through Mach 4 but would like to use the pot for now.

ok did that.

It starts nicely with getting to 100Hz and stays there. Stopping it stops with no errors

No change with the pot.

I am going to run this VFD with either the breakout board 0-10v or RS450 through Mach 4 but would like to use the pot for now.
    Are the up/down arrow keys working to change the speed
    Mactec54

ok did that.

No change with the pot.

Put the J1 in the other position and 70=1, did the pot ever work
    Mactec54

Ok now the pot works. I put 070 to =0 002 to =1 and the jumper to the right 2-3

Starts nicely and shuts down nicely.

But with the pot it goes from 40 Hz to 70 Hz only. Without the pot it went to 100 and stayed there. Would like it to go to 100Hz, really not needing it to go any slower.

Getting close to success now..

With 002=0 the arrow keys did change the speed.

Ok now the pot works. I put 070 to =0 002 to =1 and the jumper to the right 2-3

Starts nicely and shuts down nicely.

But with the pot it goes from 40 Hz to 70 Hz only. Without the pot it went to 100 and stayed there. Would like it to go to 100Hz, really not needing it to go any slower.

Getting close to success now..

With 002=0 the arrow keys did change the speed.
    So you need to check these Parameters PD72=100 PD003=100 PD004=100 PD005=100 if that is correct change PD070=1
    Mactec54

So, ignorant question..
    Nothing to do with settings but since y'all have experience with this stuff:

I'm looking for verification of something I've read.
    If I have a VFD hooked up and running and a breaker pops, will the spindle running cause back voltage and damage the VFD?
    I'm not confident in the amount of amperage that can feed my machine off the breaker so I'm trying to cover cautionary ideas I might have.
    I'm trying to run my desktop (store bought hp) monitor, controller PSU and the VFD all on one outlet.
    I'm limited on what I can hook into in this house, so I'm trying to work with what I've got.
    Thanks for any replies.

So you need to check these Parameters PD72=100 PD003=100 PD004=100 PD005=100 if that is correct change PD070=1
    The 003 was = 99.83 for some reason Changed that to 100 and changed 70 to =1 and everything runs fine.

Pot goes from 40 to 100Hz, spindle ramps up well, stops well.

I think I am done with this setup.

Thank you for staying with me on this!

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderHelix View Post
    So, ignorant question..
    Nothing to do with settings but since y'all have experience with this stuff:

I'm looking for verification of something I've read.
    If I have a VFD hooked up and running and a breaker pops, will the spindle running cause back voltage and damage the VFD?
    I'm not confident in the amount of amperage that can feed my machine off the breaker so I'm trying to cover cautionary ideas I might have.
    I'm trying to run my desktop (store bought hp) monitor, controller PSU and the VFD all on one outlet.
    I'm limited on what I can hook into in this house, so I'm trying to work with what I've got.
    Thanks for any replies.

There are a lot of videos and things that are written out there today that can be very misleading

One thing we did not cover on your install was wiring, the cable from your VFD to the motor must be shielded and installed correctly a power filter should also be on the input power to the VFD Drive also

Can the VFD Drive be damaged, in some cases that's a yes, but because you are not running a 24,000RPM spindle that will not be as bad a problem for you, your breaker must be rated 125% higher than the max current draw, if not then that would not be to code

So if you spindle was to coast to a stop from your max speed 6,000 RPM then the back EMF would be not that much for the VFD Drive to handle, still could damage the IGBT's but your chances are a lot better at that speed of nothing happening
    Mactec54

Interesting, because the max speed that was rated for my spindle *was* 24k rpm, with a minimum of 8,000.. And 5 amps on the casing (I changed that in the VFD already) so that's worked out.
    I thought it was running slower than videos I'd seen. (._.)

Would you happen to know where one could find the correct rating for a braking resistor for this system?
    And what settings do I change to get my spindle up to 24k rpm?

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderHelix View Post
    Interesting, because the max speed that was rated for my spindle *was* 24k rpm, with a minimum of 8,000.. And 5 amps on the casing (I changed that in the VFD already) so that's worked out.
    I thought it was running slower than videos I'd seen. (._.)

Would you happen to know where one could find the correct rating for a braking resistor for this system?
    And what settings do I change to get my spindle up to 24k rpm?
    Sorry mixed you up with another reply
    Yes your spindle sure can be damaged sometimes both VFD Drive and Spindle can be taken out, if you cut the power and it was running under full load, if you have the standard HY VFD you are out of luck they don't support a Breaking Resistor even though it is in there manual you have to special order it with the Breaking Resistor hardware
    Mactec54

Page 32 of 41 223031323334