584,830 active members*
5,831 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!
Page 1 of 32 12311

Hybrid View

Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

How to setup Chinese VFD to 2.2KW spindle.
    Picture included, as well as PDF manual.

(I dont own the product, just figured this would help EVERYone else out that does!!)

PDF file is 15.8MB (large). It actually is very easy to read and navigate, i was impressed on how informational it is. Hope this helps someone!

1. I drafed the wire picture. Please see from the link: http://www.jinlantrade.com/Stock%20files/0008.jpg
    2. You can see download the inverter manual from web link:
    http://www.jinlantrade.com/ebay/invertermanual.pdf
    3. I just tell you how to set up VFD as following
    Firstly, adjust the PD013 to 8 (set the setting to factory setting)
    Secondly, adjust the PD005 to 400
    Thirdly, adjust the PD004 to 400
    Finally, adjust the PD003 to 400
    Finally, adjust the PD144 to 3000
    Note: you should set PD013, PD005, PD004,PD003, PD144 in order. It mean you should firstly set PD013, then PD005, then PD004, then set PD003, finally set PD144.
    Note: after you set the all above parameter, then please recheck the PD005, PD004, PD003 value is 400 or not to confirmed that you already set it. (note: please do not check the PD013, or all the setting will go to factory setting)
    The reason we let you recheck is that if you do not set it at 400, then when you run the spindle motor, the spindle motor will be over-current, then the spindle will very hot and then within 5 minutes, it will broken.

Quote Originally Posted by diyengineer View Post
    How to setup Chinese VFD to 2.2KW spindle.
    Picture included, as well as PDF manual.

(I dont own the product, just figured this would help EVERYone else out that does!!)

PDF file is 15.8MB (large). It actually is very easy to read and navigate, i was impressed on how informational it is. Hope this helps someone!

1. I drafed the wire picture. Please see from the link: http://www.jinlantrade.com/Stock%20files/0008.jpg
    2. You can see download the inverter manual from web link:
    http://www.jinlantrade.com/ebay/invertermanual.pdf
    3. I just tell you how to set up VFD as following
    Firstly, adjust the PD013 to 8 (set the setting to factory setting)
    Secondly, adjust the PD005 to 400
    Thirdly, adjust the PD004 to 400
    Finally, adjust the PD003 to 400
    Finally, adjust the PD144 to 3000
    Note: you should set PD013, PD005, PD004,PD003, PD144 in order. It mean you should firstly set PD013, then PD005, then PD004, then set PD003, finally set PD144.
    Note: after you set the all above parameter, then please recheck the PD005, PD004, PD003 value is 400 or not to confirmed that you already set it. (note: please do not check the PD013, or all the setting will go to factory setting)
    The reason we let you recheck is that if you do not set it at 400, then when you run the spindle motor, the spindle motor will be over-current, then the spindle will very hot and then within 5 minutes, it will broken.
    I got this VFD, it worked only for 45 days.

Yes I have heard its pretty much crap. some work for a long time, and others fail very soon. I don't own it. I saw enough complaints on the forum to avoid the frustration and went with a Hitachi X200. I have seen a lot of people complain about lack of documentation and other lack of information, so this is for them.

I have read few articles on Huanyang VFD. I have come to conclusion that most of the problems with these VFD is either users not able to understand VFD configuration or plugging 380v 3 phase into a single phase 220v.

I am planning to buy a Huanyang VFD, but that last comment "it worked only for 45 days" puts doubts in proceeding with the purchase.

Can we have more info details onto what exactly did happen that the Huanyang VFD died by itself?

I've been running several of them (0.8, 1.5, 2.2kw) for over a year and haven't had any form of issue. The environment hasn't been ideal for them also. Maybe i'm just lucky but they've been pretty bullet proof for me so far? I'd like Hitachi's one day for sure, but for now these are just so damn cheap! You get the vfd and the spindle including shipping for the cost of just the Hitachi.

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

I've been running one in school for the past year and a half. No problems yet. I just wish it had modbus to control the spindle.
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Quote Originally Posted by blinkstrikebob View Post
    Hi Pplug and other members of this forum.
    I have some issue about chinese VFD inverter with spindle.

First it was working perfectly with 18000 rpm.
    I factory resetted and reprogrammed. Now it's working but not more than 3000 rpm 50htz.

My current configuration is:
    PD013 = 01 instead of 08 ( I guess it's fake inverter)
    PD005 = 400
    PD004 = 400
    PD002 = 001
    PD070 = 01
    PD072 = 400
    Which is the configuration of my Huanyang inverter's manufacturer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mbL...ature=youtu.be

The main problem is when i unplug spindle from my inverter it's working perfect at 400htz, 24000rpm.
    And when I plug my inverter to spindle it cant rotate more than 50htz 3000rpm if I try to rotate POT to increase htz it showed "dL" error and stopped.

I attached some video here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Mc...-LkxWabRneie24

The problem could be on both spindle and inverter.
    So my question is:
    1) How to program my Inverter.
    2) How to check my spindle is working or not.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Sincerely Blink Strike
    Thread number 4 for the same thing, set the correct Parameters that I gave you and you will be running, if there is not damage, you need more than you have set to get it running, DL can also be damage caused by using incorrect Parameters

Looking at your wiring that also is incorrect, you have to use a Ground wire, your plug you are using is not suitable for powering a VFD Drive like this, you also want the input wiring connected to R=Hot /Live wire and Neutral connected to T Terminal and Ground to the Ground Terminal on the VFD
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by invoee View Post
    Hearing from your words, I'm very sad. Huanyang grand ,AS I CHINESE, I never heard, i don't know why so many people talk it.
    Only 45 days ,it's broken , my god.
    One of the reasons most buy the Huanyang is the price, but the manual and support leave alot to be desired, this is whay many get into trouble.
    If one is going to pay slightly more there are higher quality ones with factory support such as Hitachi etc.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Hi guys. Gee I am seeing a debate about simple wiring and not so much about the many parameters the VFD holds. These parameters and setting the unit up are the discussion in this thread are they not?

I believe if one is unable to wire up the input and output of this unit they should probably get someone in who can, in the matter of safety? Yes? Far out!

But what I did want to say, was the fact I have a Huanyang Chinese unit and a 2.2kw air cooled spindle. I have used it for way over its duty cycle at times, cutting dry, alloys, steels, hard-woods (which are rougher than metals), and have absolutely no issues. The setup is fantastic at a DIY price. In fact I am running a business with my router. I am pleased I bought it.

Regards Boyd

Hello guys,

I installed a new LCD/buttons module to my HY 2.2kw VFD, but this one with a potentiometer as I always feeled that changing the rpm though buttons is way slow, I remember I have changed only one setting, and a jumper, but since than my VFD is not able to power my spindle at a higher value than 12000rpm, before this I could go up to ~24000rpm

Any ideea what I might need to change to be able to reach the higer speed also ?

Thank you.

I got my 1.5 water cooled + VFD about a month ago for 250 bucks...including shipping.

I could not be happier.....
    Took me a bit to get the VFD set up, but with all the threads here dealing with them it was easy to find the right settings.

This thing out performs the trim routers I have had on my 24x24 by miles.
    I have gone threw 2 routers and countless bits due to lack of control over spindle speeds in the last year.

I am just a "Home Hobbyist", and do a little custom work on the side. So my CnC is lucky if it runs 20 hours a week.
    And if this lasts a year for me, it will more than paid for itself.

Ken

The spindle seems solid, and the VFD seems to be a vast improvement over "older" models.

A little help with my Huanyang VFD

Thank you for the information about setting things in the right order.

I have one of these Huanyang 2.2KW VFDs as well and so far it's not working. Not sure if its me or maybe a bad drive(?) I connected to a single phase 220VAC (which measures 245V).
    When applying power, after a few seconds I get "LV" displayed. The manual indicated this is "low voltage" and that I should check the input voltage, change in load, or missing phase.
    After messing around with this myself and then resetting to defaults, I set the parameters as described above but no change. Has anyone seen this behavior or know what I need to do?

Thank you

I'm trying to setup mine with a remote speed control. I'm using a 10k pot but can't get it to do better than half speed. What am I doing wrong?
    Don Clifton

you didnt describe your setup, but make sure you are using the 3 terminals listed as VR(+10V), VI (0-10V input), and ACM (analog common ground)
    Im not sure which legs of the pot go to which terminals, but you should use a volt meter and make sure that you are getting 0-10 volts on the VI terminal through the full range of your pot. If you setup is only giving you 0-5 volts then you can change pd071 to 1.

also to verify your other settings, you can get full speed control through the panel right?

Thanks, everything works great using the digital operator. It sounds like it could be the pd071 setting. I can adjust the speed with the pot but it never goes above 50hz and my max is 120hz. I'm using it on a belt grinder with a 1hp 3ph motor.
    Thanks I'll give it a try in the morning
    Don Clifton
    4axiscnc.com

Hi,
    I have just installed a Huanyang VFD on my drilling machine so that I can get variable speed without having to open the cover and change belts. I had some previous experience in setting up VFD's when I installed Invertek drives on my two milling machines. The Invertek drives are very high quality and more expensive than the Chinese drives however they have one feature that I really like. They are completely silent when idle. They have cooling fans but these don't power up until the drive has been operating for a while. The Huanyang drive I just installed runs the cooling fan continuously and I find it a bit annoying. The thing with a drilling machine is that I might only use it for a few minutes at a time and it can remain idle for long periods. It is a nuisance to have to switch the drive on at the mains each time I want to use the drill and it takes 10 seconds or so for it to boot up. Does anyone know if there is a setting or a tweak to make the fan switch off when the drive is idle?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    Preso

A potentiometer has 3 terminals The two outside terminal are the same as a Resistor and the center terminal is the Wiper that Varies the Resistance The VR is feeding the 10 volts to the potentiometer through the resistor to the Common Ground ACM and the VI is the Variable voltage that goes back to the VFD to change the Speed. Hope this helps someone understand it easier.

Hello, i have Huanyang Inverter Model number HY03D023B, im looking for a manual or .pdf manual for this unit, however i cant seem to locate one. does anyone have a link to one or something similar?

Alan, I do have a VFD just like or similar to the on described above. The power in and out to the motor seem to be somewhat clear, but I have questions on where to take the VR and V1 lines to my controller board. I have a new version of the board. V4.12 I believe.b Your thought5s please. I hope you still look at this forum. I never have much luck from them.

Page 1 of 32 12311