585,761 active members*
4,163 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!
Page 28 of 41 18262728293038

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Quote Originally Posted by Azalin View Post
    Can these Huanyang inverters run AC spindle motors? Anyone tested it?
    Any VFD can run a AC spindle motor that is what they are designed to do, but if you have an AC servo motor it's not going to work
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by ftec View Post
    Hello,

anyone who could help me with an old Huan Yang VFD? I would need to sort out the signal connector pin names. I moved and must now assemble my router again but I can't find my VFD manual. For some lazy reason I did not draw the layout of the signal connector when I initially put things together. Docs and pics I find from the net are for newer models and the pin order don't appear to be the same. One pic I found seems to be like mine but the names of the pins are almost unreadable, pic #1 (mine has no labels of any kind) . The pic #2 is my drawing with the signal connector is in the low right hand corner. I named the connectors from 1-24. 1-12 I think I got from the labels, but the low row 13-24 is too unclear for me. Anyone?

PS. My VDF has no markings so I don't even know its model. I bought it 9 years ago form ebay/China with a 2.2kW spindle and it has been working OK since except the last 3 years it has been waiting unused for my retirement and moving to the countryside.

Thanks,
    /risto

Attachment 402012

Attachment 402014

PPS. Actually I now found another pic that might apply to my VFD. All I need now is a confirmation, if anyone can give that. Thanks again.

Attachment 402030
    When you look at the Parameter's what is the first part of the Parameter as some are different this will help to tell me what you have, does it start with PD or something else

The bottom Photo is correct but you may not need the red wire 10v this is not always needed as some Breakout Boards have there own PWM 0-10v supply , this only applies if your VFD Drive is the same as the photo
    Mactec54

Hey,

I have read some VFD's have the ability to drive AC servos, using vector control thing. I don't know what this means, but, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalin View Post
    Hey,

I have read some VFD's have the ability to drive AC servos, using vector control thing. I don't know what this means, but, anyway.
    Do not work very well for AC servo motors, but can run some BLDC motors

A Vector Drive will cost you as much as a servo drive would for the motor you have
    Mactec54

Thanks.

Most AC servos are synchronous (permanent magnet) motors. Very few VFD's can drive these. There are induction AC servos as well (sometimes called vector duty motors, basically an inverter duty motor with an encoder.) Any VFD can run one of those (though it may not be able to take advantage of the encoder.

I need help,
    HY VFD 4KW, c32 BoB Mach3, ESS
    It can turn the spindle on and off but RPM is way off and the SRO% arrows are going the wrong way
    Up arrow decreases RPM and down arrow increases
    Thanks for the support

A potentiometer has 3 terminals The two outside terminal are the same as a Resistor and the center terminal is the Wiper that Varies the Resistance The VR is feeding the 10 volts to the potentiometer through the resistor to the Common Ground ACM and the VI is the Variable voltage that goes back to the VFD to change the Speed. Hope this helps someone understand it easier.

Hello, i have Huanyang Inverter Model number HY03D023B, im looking for a manual or .pdf manual for this unit, however i cant seem to locate one. does anyone have a link to one or something similar?

Following the parameters that were advised on this thread, running HY 2.2kw vfd with matching air cooled spindle. Seems to work just fine until I set the POT control on the vfd setting to 1. When doing so and running the spindle. I do not get the full 24,000 rpm's. I do get the full rpm's when I switch the setting back to 0 and adjust via the number pad on vfd. Any suggestions on a solution for this?
    Second, the seller (on ebay) said to use the breaker to turn on the power to the vfd. Is there a recommended switch I could use instead of the breaker? I have read that the use of a magnetic switch is not recommended as it will mess with the vfd and potentially cause early failure? Any insight on either issue would be great!
    rockaukum

If need to run AC servo spindle motor, then it requires to use an AC servo spindle driver, which can control the rotating angles.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Quote Originally Posted by rockaukum View Post
    Following the parameters that were advised on this thread, running HY 2.2kw vfd with matching air cooled spindle. Seems to work just fine until I set the POT control on the vfd setting to 1. When doing so and running the spindle. I do not get the full 24,000 rpm's. I do get the full rpm's when I switch the setting back to 0 and adjust via the number pad on vfd. Any suggestions on a solution for this?
    Second, the seller (on ebay) said to use the breaker to turn on the power to the vfd. Is there a recommended switch I could use instead of the breaker? I have read that the use of a magnetic switch is not recommended as it will mess with the vfd and potentially cause early failure? Any insight on either issue would be great!
    rockaukum
    When you say Pot control is that remote from a PWM 0-10v connection and controlled by your control, or the Pot on the VFD Drive or a separate Pot wired to the VFD Drive

A Breaker can be used but not ideal, as regular breakers are not designed to be used as a switch, any good quality 2 Pole switch would work also, if you are using single phase supply, the VFD should have it's own disconnect, normally a Breaker that is designed to be used as a switch as well, snip of one of my favorites,there are many that can be used as a On/Off switch
    Mactec54

Yes, the control is on the face of the HY VFD. As stated it goes up to full speed with the buttons on the display but when I switch the parameter to 1, I get limited. I am only changing the one setting as well. It is a single phase 220 vfd.
    As far as the switch, I do not wish to use the breaker as it just does not seem correct to do it this way. I will look into a two pole switch and go that route. I assume these are available at most hardware stores.
    thanks for the follow-up Mactec54.
    rockaukum

Yes, the control is on the face of the HY VFD. As stated it goes up to full speed with the buttons on the display but when I switch the parameter to 1, I get limited. I am only changing the one setting as well. It is a single phase 220 vfd.
    As far as the switch, I do not wish to use the breaker as it just does not seem correct to do it this way. I will look into a two pole switch and go that route. I assume these are available at most hardware stores.
    thanks for the follow-up Mactec54.
    rockaukum
    The on board Pot can give problems, did you also change the jumper J1 beside the Terminals this Pot could also only be using 5v so you may need to change a Parameter PD70 to 1

I doubt that you will find a disconnect switch at a hardware store, once you get to this level you need to look at industrial supplies, look at McMaster Granger Automation Direct Etc something like this is what you need, it can be a safety Disconnect as well that mounts to the side of your cabinet
    Mactec54

Thanks for the info on the disconnects. I was using a magnetic switch and read that those should not be used on these vfd's.
    I am unaware of the "J1" jumper and have not made any changes in that regard. What is it and what does it do? If i get direction with this I will make the required changes as use of the pot would be nice.
    Will there be any consequences to changing PD70 to 1?
    Again, Thanks for your attention and help! Your name comes up a lot on this forum and has provided much help.
    rockaukum

Thanks for the info on the disconnects. I was using a magnetic switch and read that those should not be used on these vfd's.
    I am unaware of the "J1" jumper and have not made any changes in that regard. What is it and what does it do? If i get direction with this I will make the required changes as use of the pot would be nice.
    Will there be any consequences to changing PD70 to 1?
    Again, Thanks for your attention and help! Your name comes up a lot on this forum and has provided much help.
    rockaukum
    PD70 will only affect how the it sees the control voltage this can be set without any problems 5v is ( 1 ) 10v is ( 0 )

Snips below of where the J1 jumper is
    Mactec54

Cool! Just for clarification, The J1 should be jumped between 2 and 3, correct?
    Recommend to change jumper first to 2-3 and test POT. Second if the first does not work, adjust PD70 to 1 and test, then set to 0 and test, one test at a time.
    rockaukum

Cool! Just for clarification, The J1 should be jumped between 2 and 3, correct?
    Recommend to change jumper first to 2-3 and test POT. Second if the first does not work, adjust PD70 to 1 and test, then set to 0 and test, one test at a time.
    rockaukum
    I would try it both way they sometimes work in 1-2 and have worked in 2-3 also
    Mactec54

Okay, I made the two changes. PD2=1 and PD70=1. I ran the VFD with the spindle disconnected and it seemed to work fine. I was able to control the spindle speed up to 24,000 and back down to 7,200. i stopped the run and hooked up the spindle and tried again. This time I got an error code. I stopped the run again and disconnected the spindle. Started the run again and got the same error code. E.OC.A is the error code.
    Any help would be great!
    Thanks,
    rockaukum

Page 28 of 41 18262728293038