585,712 active members*
3,818 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!
Page 13 of 41 3111213141523

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

I've tried resetting my VFD at least 5 times and no luck getting PD142 to go over 7. After resetting PD03 04 05 were all locked at 50 but if I set them backwards as someone instructed I was able to get them all to 400, I am wondering if there is some trick like this to get PD142 to respond for me. I'm going to give the seller a message as well to see if they know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cownc View Post
    I've tried resetting my VFD at least 5 times and no luck getting PD142 to go over 7. After resetting PD03 04 05 were all locked at 50 but if I set them backwards as someone instructed I was able to get them all to 400, I am wondering if there is some trick like this to get PD142 to respond for me. I'm going to give the seller a message as well to see if they know anything.
    I have never seen anyone have a problem with PD142, setting, I think they seem to do this after there have been lots of resets used, I also think this is happening on the VFD Drives that are a copy of the real Huanyang VFD, I would contact the seller and see what they have to offer
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You would be using 5v to 24vDc from your Breakout Board to switch the Relay, the VFD side is usually 10v to 24v Dc depending on how you wire the VFD

So you need a Dc switching relay not a Ac , one to look at DC60S3
    Thanks, got one pretty much like the one you suggested.

Hello guys,

anyone knows if I can buy just the buttons module of this VFD, I have mine since 2013 and now the thin foil has worn out, and broke for the stop button, probably in an year it will brake for other buttons too.

I wanted to buy just this module, and ideally the version that has an potentiometer on it for easy changing the rpm, I searched on ebay but couldn't find anything.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ovisopa View Post
    Hello guys,

anyone knows if I can buy just the buttons module of this VFD, I have mine since 2013 and now the thin foil has worn out, and broke for the stop button, probably in an year it will brake for other buttons too.

I wanted to buy just this module, and ideally the version that has an potentiometer on it for easy changing the rpm, I searched on ebay but couldn't find anything.

Thank you.
    There should be some of them, from drives that have been smoked, I did have some, from unrepairable drives but had a clean out 2 months ago
    Mactec54

I also have a HY 220 volt vfd with a 2.2kw 400hz spindle.
    I am having a issue with the 0-10 volt signal not going below 5 volts.
    all settings have been verified to be correct..
    the spindle works great from 15000(5volts)-24000(10volts) rpm, but I need it to turn at 7500 (0volts)rpm.

The interesting thing is, if i disconnect the signal wire from the ACM and Vi teminals the drive slows down to 7500 rpm, and I can adjust the 0-10 signal from 0-10 volts while disconnected from the vfd,

when I connect it to the vfd it increases the voltage to 5 volts, and the spindle turns at 15000 rpm.
    Also I set the drive up to work in hand and tested the voltage at the ACM and Vi terminals I get 0 volts with the control signal disconnected.

I am thinking there is some feedback coming from the drive, I wonder if a diode would stop this problem?

if anyone has had this issue, or if you can think of a reason this is happening please let me know.

Thanks
    Brad

The ebay seller appears to be ignoring my repeated messages asking why it can't set past 7 amps, looks like I'm in the market for a new VFD. Any recommendations for a proper one that will run the 13 amps I need at 110v?

My experience with eBay purchases is that you buy at your own risk, which means it’s a one shot deal. I never had any questions answered from any vendor and so I will never bother again. I buy and if there is a problem I try to fix it myself or scrap it.

My suggestion is to find someone local who knows about VFD and pay him to fix it

My last purchase of VFD/Spindle from ebay was from vipwindows_168 and the sales experience was good but I will not start my VFD until some times in January so I don’t know what problems if any I may have

The above mentioned seller also has a web site at Industrial Automation servo motor lcd fasttobuy.com and email [email protected]. I don’t know if the email is handled by English speaking people, most likely will be Chinese

Good luck mate
    Nicolas

I just bought this VFD 3KW 110V VARIABLE FREQUENCY DRIVE INVERTER VFD 4HP 13A HUANYANG CNC | eBay and it maxes out on PD 142 at 12 and the seller is telling me that I do not need to change pd 142 "
    technical.jrs:

Dear Friend,
    Thanks for your message!
    The current depends on the working condition of the motor, the rated current is 13A for this inverter, but just like drving a car, the current will be changed when the inverter works, so you don't need to set PD142, you just set as this video:http://vid1199.photobucket.com/album...ing18/--_0.mp4, and below steps:Step 1: Set PD005 =400
    Step 2: Set PD004 =400
    Step 3: Set PD003 =400
    Step 4: Set PD072 =400
    If you motor is 0-60HZ, then you need to change the above values to 60. As the orginal factory value setting is 50, so please change the the above parameters according to your motor.
    Pls don't set PD142."
    This is this biggest VFD I could find, I may return this but need a VFD that can actually give me 13 amps

I just bought this VFD 3KW 110V VARIABLE FREQUENCY DRIVE INVERTER VFD 4HP 13A HUANYANG CNC | eBay and it maxes out on PD 142 at 12 and the seller is telling me that I do not need to change pd 142 "
    technical.jrs:

Dear Friend,
    Thanks for your message!
    The current depends on the working condition of the motor, the rated current is 13A for this inverter, but just like drving a car, the current will be changed when the inverter works, so you don't need to set PD142, you just set as this video:http://vid1199.photobucket.com/album...ing18/--_0.mp4, and below steps:Step 1: Set PD005 =400
    If you motor is 0-60HZ, then you need to change the above values to 60. As the orginal factory value setting is 50, so please change the the above parameters according to your motor.
    Pls don't set PD142."
    This is this biggest VFD I could find, I may return this but need a VFD that can actually give me 13 amps
    He obviously does not know what you are running with it, your spindle is 400Hz and not a 60Hz normal Ac motor, this is totally different from your spindle, note the Video also was not using 120v, and this is where the problem is

Your spindle at 120v would need 12.5 amps minimum to start it, and could go higher when starting, so the VFD Drive is not up to running your 1.5Kw spindle at 120v supply

you need to return it as it has a problem of some kind
    Mactec54

technical.jrs:

Dear Friend,
    Thanks for your message!
    Pls don't set PD142."
    I missed the bit, you just brought a new one, have you tried to run it, at least it did go up to 12 A, with him say you don't have to set it in a way that may be correct in your case, as the drive can't go any higher than your spindle needs, so give it a try, it will fault out with over current if it can't do the job

If you have no other choice than with using a 120v supply, then you may want to look at what was done here, you would need a larger Transformer for the 1.5Kw spindle, than what he used, but this works if you are stuck with 120v supply only

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/spindl...w-spindle.html
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    I missed the bit, you just brought a new one, have you tried to run it, at least it did go up to 12 A, with him say you don't have to set it in a way that may be correct in your case, as the drive can't go any higher than your spindle needs, so give it a try, it will fault out with over current if it can't do the job

If you have no other choice than with using a 120v supply, then you may want to look at what was done here, you would need a larger Transformer for the 1.5Kw spindle, than what he used, but this works if you are stuck with 120v supply only

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/spindl...w-spindle.html
    The 110v spindle still faults out on 12amps so looks like I'm ditching it and going 220v. Not sure if I'll use the step up which you linked which was some handy info or steal power from the dryer. Am I able to use my current 110 VFDs and just change PDs for 220? Also in the market for a new spindle, either getting 2.2kw or 3kw would it be safe to run the 3kw on my 3kw Vfd, not sure if I need a higher rated vfd.

The 110v spindle still faults out on 12amps so looks like I'm ditching it and going 220v. Not sure if I'll use the step up which you linked which was some handy info or steal power from the dryer. Am I able to use my current 110 VFDs and just change PDs for 220? Also in the market for a new spindle, either getting 2.2kw or 3kw would it be safe to run the 3kw on my 3kw Vfd, not sure if I need a higher rated vfd.
    The rule of thumb is and what most is going to suggest is go higher. I've been running my 3kw spindle with my 3kw HY vfd for over 2 years. I already replaced bearing in spindle and 3kw VFD still going.

I'm so close!

Hi everyone,

I've read through this entire thread twice and really wanted to figure this out myself, but I'm stuck and I need help!

I have a 2.2kw spindle with a HyunYang VFD and a CNCRouterparts control box with an ESS.

Everything works fine using the panel controls. I'm trying to control the spindle with Mach3.

I'm using FOR/DCM to turn the spindle on and off
    and VI/ACM for speed control.

Using Mach3 I get >10v from FOR/DCM when the spindle is turned on and 0v when off.

Voltage varies between 0 and 10v from VI/ACM when adjusting the speed in Mach3.

I can't get the Spindle to turn on at all.

I'm using the following settings.

PD000=0
    PD001=1
    PD002=1
    PD003=400
    PD004=400
    PD005=400
    PD007=20
    PD008=220
    PD009=15
    PD010=8
    PD011=120
    PD014 =12
    PD015 Deccl=12
    PD044=1
    PD141=220
    PD142=9
    PD143=2
    PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)

J1 jumper is on the left

What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by rickzva View Post
    I'm so close!

Hi everyone,

I've read through this entire thread twice and really wanted to figure this out myself, but I'm stuck and I need help!

I have a 2.2kw spindle with a HyunYang VFD and a CNCRouterparts control box with an ESS.

Everything works fine using the panel controls. I'm trying to control the spindle with Mach3.

I'm using FOR/DCM to turn the spindle on and off
    and VI/ACM for speed control.

Using Mach3 I get >10v from FOR/DCM when the spindle is turned on and 0v when off.

Voltage varies between 0 and 10v from VI/ACM when adjusting the speed in Mach3.

I can't get the Spindle to turn on at all.

I'm using the following settings.

PD000=0
    PD001=1
    PD002=1
    PD003=400
    PD004=400
    PD005=400
    PD007=20
    PD008=220
    PD009=15
    PD010=8
    PD011=120
    PD014 =12
    PD015 Deccl=12
    PD044=1
    PD141=220
    PD142=9
    PD143=2
    PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)

J1 jumper is on the left

What am I missing?
    You are missing these 2 Try
    PD72=400
    PD73=120
    Mactec54

Got those. Still not working.

Not much experience here but my HY manual says DCM=COM, and ACM=GND.

Perhaps switching your Green / Black wires?
    Nicolas

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    Not much experience here but my HY manual says DCM=COM, and ACM=GND.

Perhaps switching your Green / Black wires?

I actually tried that but it didn't make a difference. I think my wiring is correct.

My guess is that there is a mistake in one of my parameter settings. I've checked and rechecked. I scroll through all the PD settings and write them down rather than referring to my reference sheet. Then I compare them. They all seem right. My next step will be to do another factory reset and re-enter all the settings.

Thanks for helping.

Got those. Still not working.
    Where are you getting your 10v from you don't seem to be using the VFD's 10v supply, and are you using a relay to switch between the DCM and FOR
    Mactec54

I actually tried that but it didn't make a difference. I think my wiring is correct.

My guess is that there is a mistake in one of my parameter settings. I've checked and rechecked. I scroll through all the PD settings and write them down rather than referring to my reference sheet. Then I compare them. They all seem right. My next step will be to do another factory reset and re-enter all the settings.

Thanks for helping.
    If everything is correct and running from the Key-Pad, then a Reset is not going to solve your problem, , Try a jumper wire between DCM and FOR and see if it runs, if it does then you have not wired it correct

Where is your 10v coming from for the PWM
    Mactec54

Page 13 of 41 3111213141523