584,860 active members*
5,359 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!
Page 37 of 41 273536373839

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Sims View Post
    Hi

I recently bought a replacement 2.2kw HY02D223B vfd and have set it up on my cnc machine running an air cooled spindle. No matter what I do, I cannot get the front panel potentiometer to work. I don't need remote control at all and am happy to just use the pot on the front of the vfd, but I cannot get it to work. The spindle is working fine and I have been through this post and triple checked all the pd settings which are exactly the same as those on my old vfd. That one worked but this one doesn't.

I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what and just got myself confused. It's very difficult not being able to adjust the speed of the spindle.

I've left it for quite a while and am ready to tackle it again afresh.

Any helpful suggestions please?

Cheers
    Can be tricky as everything has to be correct to make the Pot work, If you are using remote control you will not have any Pot Control no matter what you do, Pot Control is only active if in KeyPad mode

Pot Control
    PD001=0

PD002=1

PD070=1

JI Jumper 2-3 Position this may be labeled different on your model
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Can be tricky as everything has to be correct to make the Pot work, If you are using remote control you will not have any Pot Control no matter what you do, Pot Control is only active if in KeyPad mode

Pot Control
    PD001=0

PD002=1

PD070=1

JI Jumper 2-3 Position this may be labeled different on your model
    Thank you Mactec54.

I went in and checked those settings and they were correct. I also went in and checked PD072 & 73 as I have read somewhere that they can sometimes be reversed, so I changed them. Didn't work, so I changed them back to the original values and MAGIC!

Everything now works as it should, and I am a happy fella. Don't know what changed because, as far as I know, everything is as it was before I touched it this morning. I think the software on these things is very flaky but it works now so I don't care

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Sims View Post
    Thank you Mactec54.

I went in and checked those settings and they were correct. I also went in and checked PD072 & 73 as I have read somewhere that they can sometimes be reversed, so I changed them. Didn't work, so I changed them back to the original values and MAGIC!

Everything now works as it should, and I am a happy fella. Don't know what changed because, as far as I know, everything is as it was before I touched it this morning. I think the software on these things is very flaky but it works now so I don't care
    PD072 and PD073 these 2 Parameters set reversed will cause a problem, and no they can't be used or set in reverse not in any circumstances
    Mactec54

Hi. I have my vfd hooked up to centroid acorn and it’s up and running. I can get it to go in forward or reverse and have run a few test jobs. But setting the spindle speed in the acorn software doesn’t change anything. It only goes full speed. And messing with the knob doesn’t have any effect either. Any ideas would help. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jojo77 View Post
    Hi. I have my vfd hooked up to centroid acorn and it’s up and running. I can get it to go in forward or reverse and have run a few test jobs. But setting the spindle speed in the acorn software doesn’t change anything. It only goes full speed. And messing with the knob doesn’t have any effect either. Any ideas would help. Thank you!
    First you will have to test the output from your control to see if it is changing the voltage when you do a speed change M3S12000, you did not say what your spindle max RPM is, so need more information
    Mactec54

Need to learn: https://www.ledsino.com/

First you will have to test the output from your control to see if it is changing the voltage when you do a speed change M3S12000, you did not say what your spindle max RPM is, so need more information
    I’ll test the output to make sure it’s 1-10v. The max speed on the spindle is 24k

Also my vfd has the little jumper things labeled VI & VR. It currently has the clip on it so it’s set to VR (connecting the two right pieces). Should it be set to the left (VI)?? The knob doesn’t do anything when I try to adjust the speed. But of course I want to set speeds in the acorn software not the knob

Also my vfd has the little jumper things labeled VI & VR. It currently has the clip on it so it’s set to VR (connecting the two right pieces). Should it be set to the left (VI)?? The knob doesn’t do anything when I try to adjust the speed. But of course I want to set speeds in the acorn software not the knob
    To make it easier you need to have it all running with out the control connected then you can move to connecting to the control

Pot Control
    PD001=0

PD002=1

PD070=1

JI Jumper Pin 2-3 / VR Position this is normal connection, some need it connected to the VI
    Mactec54

To make it easier you need to have it all running with out the control connected then you can move to connecting to the control

Pot Control
    PD001=0

PD002=1

PD070=1

JI Jumper Pin 2-3 / VR Position this is normal connection, some need it connected to the VI
    I appreciate your help. I had it running without the controller using a list of settings that I believe originated from you in this thread. Not sure if or where I took a wrong turn. So the settings put here are to get it back to pot/knob control?

I appreciate your help. I had it running without the controller using a list of settings that I believe originated from you in this thread. Not sure if or where I took a wrong turn. So the settings put here are to get it back to pot/knob control?
    Yes this should get you to be able to use it with the Pot sometimes the PD002 needs to be ( 0 ) also there are some of these VFD Drives that have some Parameter that are different but normally there is only one or two that are different, the J1 Jumper can also be change as it can be backwards as well

You need every thing working with the VFD Drive before you connect for remote control

And yes I know and understand you want to connect to the Acorn

So you need to check with a meter that the Acorn output Voltage is changing 0-10v so in MDI mode M3S12000 and the voltage should be around 5v if you have the Acorn setup 10v would be 24000 so test this part as well before connecting to the VFD Drive
    Mactec54

Yes this should get you to be able to use it with the Pot sometimes the PD002 needs to be ( 0 ) also there are some of these VFD Drives that have some Parameter that are different but normally there is only one or two that are different, the J1 Jumper can also be change as it can be backwards as well

You need every thing working with the VFD Drive before you connect for remote control

So you need to check with a meter that the Acorn output Voltage is changing 0-10v so in MDI mode M3S12000 and the voltage should be around 5v if you have the Acorn setup 10v would be 24000 so test this part as well before connecting to the VFD Drive
    Thank you for your help. I’ll give this a try.

Hi mactec, I changed the program like you suggested for pot control and it works as expected (speed adjusts with the dial). I also tested the output in acorn m3s24000 gives 10v reading on the multi meter. M3s12000 gives 5v and so on. Once I hooked up the vfd with acorn the results are not what I expected.

See below for mdi setting versus readout on the vfd.
    M3S3000 : 9367
    M3S6000: 11,500
    M3S12000: 15,750
    M3S18000: 20,000
    M3S24000: 24000 (I expected this value since it’s max)

Do you think this is an issue with acorn set up or on the vfd?

Hi mactec, I changed the program like you suggested for pot control and it works as expected (speed adjusts with the dial). I also tested the output in acorn m3s24000 gives 10v reading on the multi meter. M3s12000 gives 5v and so on. Once I hooked up the vfd with acorn the results are not what I expected.

See below for mdi setting versus readout on the vfd.
    M3S3000 : 9367
    M3S6000: 11,500
    M3S12000: 15,750
    M3S18000: 20,000
    M3S24000: 24000 (I expected this value since it’s max)

Do you think this is an issue with acorn set up or on the vfd?
    Unless your spindle is rated for 3000 RPM which only a few models are you have the Parameters in you VFD Drive set incorrect, if your spindle is water cooled 24,000 RPM you have a minimum speed of 6000 RPM your control software also has to be set to match your spindle speeds or it won't be able to give you the correct voltage to speed ratio
    Mactec54

Legitimately have a headache guys! Been working on this all day long. I have the HuanYang manual, but it's like reading Chinese (joke intended) sometimes.

Main problem is I keep getting an overcurrent error (EoC-A). Here are my components...

Spindle:
    HuanYang GDZ-80-2.2A
    110volt; 2.2kw
    400Jz; 24,000 rpm

VFD:
    HY02D211B
    Input- 110 +/- 20%
    Output- 3PH 0-110AC. 2.2kw. 0.5-400Hz

I just wired up a new electrical connector this morning, and now it seems that I may have a wire crossed or coming into contact with something else?! I've reset the factory settings and set new parameters, but the overcurrent continues. With the dial turned all the way down, I can hit "Run" and as soon as I start to rotate the dial, I hear a click and the error code pops up.

Sincerely appreciate any help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mofireman View Post
    Legitimately have a headache guys! Been working on this all day long. I have the HuanYang manual, but it's like reading Chinese (joke intended) sometimes.

Main problem is I keep getting an overcurrent error (EoC-A). Here are my components...

Spindle:
    HuanYang GDZ-80-2.2A
    110volt; 2.2kw
    400Jz; 24,000 rpm

VFD:
    HY02D211B
    Input- 110 +/- 20%
    Output- 3PH 0-110AC. 2.2kw. 0.5-400Hz

I just wired up a new electrical connector this morning, and now it seems that I may have a wire crossed or coming into contact with something else?! I've reset the factory settings and set new parameters, but the overcurrent continues. With the dial turned all the way down, I can hit "Run" and as soon as I start to rotate the dial, I hear a click and the error code pops up.

Sincerely appreciate any help!!
    If you have had a short circuit of any kind you will damage the VFD Drive great care has to be taken to make sure none of the wires in the plug can touch and then you want to insolate with silicon or heat shrink tubing each wire

120v and 2.2Kw spindles are not very good run on 120v single phase, 1.5Kw is about the Max for 120v supply

What is your 120v supply amps you most likely don't have enough Amps

A short circuit is bad

Incorrect Parameters set also can damage the VFD and Spindle

Does the VFD Drive still fault when the Spindle is Disconnected at the VFD Drive
    Mactec54

Spindle burned burned

Wattef flowing thru, spindle in horizontal position..
    HY inverter 2,2kW
    Spindle watter cooling 2,2kW

Then Configure the VFD
    PD001 = 1 (external terminal)
    PD002 = 3 (which was not in manual)
    PD044 = 1 (for RUN)
    PD045 = 5 (DIR.......FOR /REW)
    Other settings default.

Now i know , that must be set more seting, but reason why burned in 20 sec about 8000rpm ? To avoid problem on next spindle.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fiury View Post
    Spindle burned burned

Wattef flowing thru, spindle in horizontal position..
    HY inverter 2,2kW
    Spindle watter cooling 2,2kW

Then Configure the VFD
    PD001 = 1 (external terminal)
    PD002 = 3 (which was not in manual)
    PD044 = 1 (for RUN)
    PD045 = 5 (DIR.......FOR /REW)
    Other settings default.

Now i know , that must be set more seting, but reason why burned in 20 sec about 8000rpm ? To avoid problem on next spindle.....
    Was this a 24,000 RPM spindle 400Hz ???

If so it would burn out if you left the VFD Drive at Default settings they must be set for 400Hz and can not be left at 50Hz
    Mactec54

Was this a 24,000 RPM spindle 400Hz ???

If so it would burn out if you left the VFD Drive at Default settings they must be set for 400Hz and can not be left at 50Hz
    Was this a 24,000 RPM spindle 400Hz ??? YES. Is 50Mhz reason why it was burned ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiury View Post
    Was this a 24,000 RPM spindle 400Hz ??? YES. Is 50Mhz reason why it was burned ?
    Yes, if you look through what I have posted here you will find the Parameter's you need to set for your spindle, or if you post the complete spindle motor spec's then I can post what Parameters you need to set
    Mactec54

Page 37 of 41 273536373839