584,879 active members*
5,306 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Creating curves on Surface Edges

Creating curves on Surface Edges

Is there a way to get the create curves on surface edges to recognize arcs better. Everytime I do I check the fit arcs and lines, but I still end up with a lot of spline and arc combinations when it looks like it should make a complete arc.

How are you getting you CAD file in? what format is the original in?

Have you tried selecting the splines and Edit/simplify ?

The only problem I can see you having is that you are creating curves from surfaces,
    try getting them from the solid at the same time you convert it. Your curves with be cleaner, no double ups, or overlaps/gaps

If you use the standard curves that are created, the "Filter" or "Tolerance" controls will output lines and arcs where posssible

Hi, why do you need to worry about arcs and curves, if you have a "half decent" cam system, then it will not need them. That is the hidden problem with cheap cam systems, the demo part goes well, but in the real world it is not the same. Investment in a decent cam software will mainly remove your problems. I cannot remember a customer request like this in more than 11 years.

it really matters what he wants to do Tony. but does have to use arcs NO if he wants the systems will filter the splines into arc out put for him. and Mastercam is more then Half Decent Cam system.Not sure what you are using.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .