585,589 active members*
3,462 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SolidCAM for SolidWorks and SolidCAM for Inventor > CNC Tool Library (Creation of ISO 30 Tool Holders)

CNC Tool Library (Creation of ISO 30 Tool Holders)

Well I've been using SolidCAM for over a year now. And am now just getting into setting up tool libraries to be more efficient at programming. However I'm using a 5-Axis CNC Router that uses the ISO 30 tool holders and SolidCAM has told me that they do not have an ISO 30 library. My issue lies not with the fact that I have to create a custom holder, which is no problem, but the fact that I have no dimensions of the tool holder itself. We are using T-Tool USA SPZ.30DIM05032ERR and well their website thus far is completely useless. Does anyone have a dimensional drawing or some way to get the tool holder data?

Hi,
    Maybe try contacting the manufacturer and ask them for a drawing or cad model

Quote Originally Posted by dengo View Post
    Hi,
    Maybe try contacting the manufacturer and ask them for a drawing or cad model
    Sending them an e-mail did the trick. They didn't send a CAD model or drawing but rather the information to re-create the holders basic dimensions. Also found out that it is not an ISO30 tool holder but rather a SK30 tool holder and what the difference is. Thanks for this tip I should of done this to start with. *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by ender_wiggen View Post
    Sending them an e-mail did the trick. They didn't send a CAD model or drawing but rather the information to re-create the holders basic dimensions. Also found out that it is not an ISO30 tool holder but rather a SK30 tool holder and what the difference is. Thanks for this tip I should of done this to start with. *facepalm*
    Did you contact the factory for this info?

It is all detailed in the help files under "Tool Holding System". You can access the holder generation dialog by the menu "SolidCAM" - "Tool Libraries" - "Tool Holders".

The dimensions of DIN standard toolholders are freely available in manufacturers catalogs such as Zurn, Gewefa, Haimer etc. Kennametal have downloads of CAD drawings of their tool holders.