584,800 active members*
4,885 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: CADKEY 97

CADKEY 97

I have been searching everywhere for a copy of CADKEY 97. Does anyone have a new or used copy of CADKEY 97 or know where I might find one????

cadkey 97

I have a legit paid-for used copy.
    Been doing this too long

Copy of CADKEY 97

Is it something you would be willing to let go and what $ would you want for it??

cadkey 97

Yes, I will sell it, this is complete with manual, addendum, disk, license. I did pay full price and it is good software. I upgraded to 19 and use it daily (when I have work) as is does everything easily, fast, low system overhead. It is a derivative of what we developed in aerospace.
    I remember that it was expensive and I do not know what it's value today. Make an offer?
    Been doing this too long

CADKEY 97

Unfortunately, the fact that the program is about 13 years old makes it almost obsolete by most software standards. I use two newer versions of CAD and realize that they are quite costly when they are newer. I am also unaware of the current market value; however, two years ago, my boss picked up the program from a guy on Ebay that had a handful of them and was selling for $15 a piece. Granted, it is harder to find a copy of it now, but the software is also further out-of-date. What had you hoped to get for it?? and also, do you know if it is an R1 or R2?? (Release 1 or 2)

This is the R2 I probably have R1 also as I was on the maintenance contract. Are you collecting the software? or learning? Your request is interesting. I have some specific cadl add-ins we were using at the time but I do not know if I will ever have the need in the future. We used Cadkey to do the geometry for input to PC-APT. The CAM end of graphics was not up to speed for doing aircraft parts.
    Been doing this too long

CADKEY 97

Excellent! I have been looking for the R2 version. I am trying to obtain this for an associate of mine. He performs certain CAD tasks for my boss, an I. He has been using CADKEY 97, pretty much, since it was new and is very effective on it and prefers it over the newer CAD programs (as i said, I have two newer programs). The slightest change in the command setup really throws him off so we have kept him using the out-dated program.

Recently, our CD has quite functioning and my boss has tried everything to get it repaired with no success and I have been trying to find someone with an old version that they would be willing to part with. So, should his computer crash, we have no way to re-install it. This will actually be the third time we have purchased the program. (as i said, my boss had to buy a replacement two years ago)

I can't tell you how grateful I will be if you sell this to me!!

CADKEY 97

Hey bostosh,

were you still interested in selling or should I keep looking for another copy of the program??

I have a 97 version cd.

Hello,
    I have Cadkey 99. I bought it way back when! Great program. I use every day. I'm retired and make motorcycle parts and sell on eBay. I have a EZ Track. I draw in Cadkey, export to DXF, bring into Master Cam. Post to the EZ Track. Works great. I draw fast and machine fast! Love this program. I make great Blue Prints 11 x 17. Does Solid Modeling. Has Photo Real. Makes great pictures of my parts that I print out.
    Best regards,
    Dave Hammon

More users !

Good to hear from the Cadkey gang,
    I use Cadkey 19, Mastercam too. Iges transfer through
    The cut and paste of geometry with multiple windows is the best feature of 19, Box move with dimension update good too, Parametrics never used. keystroke macros are easy and fast, I have it on both Win2000 and XP machines. And the old pentium NT 4.0 SP3

I have 3-D modeled houses, skyscrapers, structural Steel, done aircraft parts, and much during the last 15 yrs of Cadkey.

Do you guys use the Fastsurf / surfaces?
    They work very good, once you know how to use them.
    If anyone (Cadkey) needs tips just ask.
    Been doing this too long

Cadkey 99

Hello,
    Thanks for the reply! I like that!
    I bought Cadkey 99 in 1999. I paid 2,300 dollars for it. Worth every penny. I think there was only one update. Never had a problem with it. I tried Pro E,
    Auto Cad, Alser Velum, Surf Cam, Inventor etc. But always went back to Cadkey. Very fast program. Easy to learn. I have taught my friends how to use. Everyone seems to like it. I'm a retired Journeyman Machinist. I loved my trad. Was like working in my own garage. If I had to do over again, I would do the same. Loved going to work every day. Now I make Hot Rod parts and Harley Motorcycle parts. I use to design work for Custom Chrome. I had 52 items in there catalog. I drew every thing in Cadkey. They loved the solid models. I used Photo Real.
    What I like about Cadkey, it is designed for the Machinist. Very logical.
    I love X-form. Use a lot. I also like Layout Mode. I make great 11 x 17 Drawings. Has all Geometric Tolerances. Easy to use.
    Also I like making paper templates. If you print out they are right on. If you check with verniers, can't see any error.
    I loaded the program in Window 7 64 bit. Worked fine.
    Best regards,
    Dave Hammon

Older Cadkey

I used an older version of Cadkey in the early 90's for a few years.
    You could draw simple lines circles etc in 3D but not solid models. It was super simple to use and super fast. View ports and macros etc. were brilliant.

That was the only version of Cadkey that I've seen.
    I was looking it up a while back and there is still a Cadkey derivative but I'm sure it's completely different from the original. And it looks mega expensive !

The price of KeyCreator is about the same today as Cadkey was back then, about 3K. All the brilliant functionality of Cadkey is still there, except now they do it with solids.

I used CK19 this week for a geometry type which a high end system could not do, way easy, fast and very comprehensive package with fastsurf one can do aircraft surfaces or any other surface type and export/import easily, CK works well with the spaceball.. the multiple sessions, multiple windows, cut and paste geometry is great.
    first version i used was ck7.0 on windows 95 NT4.0 doing rocket parts.
    Been doing this too long