585,719 active members*
4,260 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123

Re: prototrak plus 2axis mill

What codes does yours use for bolt circle?

Here is a basic BHC program output from my proto+ manually put in and then exported. I found i have a prob in my processor with BHC.... getting error 14 at line 2 so it is not sending the correct info from the dwg. So back to enroute and SWI we go LOL

BASIC BOLT CIRCLE
    PN0 G20;
    N001 G104 XC2.0A YC-2.0A HL05 R2.0 A0 T01 ;
    %

I wasted 4 hrs yesterday and found that when I start a bolt circle at an angle greater than 262.1* it will error at that line and upload at 0* and no lines after.
    Now i have no problems.
    Thanks to all.

Re: ProtoTrak failure

Ok, so if understanding correctly, as long as the start angle is 0 to 260 there should be no problems.....

Mine is a bit different as its the enroute processor that is not sending the correct info at the moment, wo being worked on :-)

And yes, some very good info in this thread. Hope it can help out others as well.

0-262.1* Is the safe zone. 262.2 + Will give me an error.

I know it's an old thread; worth a shot!

I'm having trouble transferring a program from my PC to a ProtoTrak Plus. I'm using a command prompt with the command "COPY {file} COM1". The PT+ will still just sit at the "RDY TO RCV" forever until I cancel the operation on the PT+.

Program (this is exactly the same program I received from the PT+)
    PN0 G20;
    N001 G109 XC0I YC0I R3.0 DR1 TC0 FC0 F5.0 D1.0 T01 ;
    %

I have no problems sending from the PT+ to my PC; programs transfer perfectly fine. In order to receive the file I use PuTTY and the program code will appear in the console once I send from the PT+. I have one of those cheap in-line serial testers but don't really know what to make of the LED patterns. The tester does show activity when both sending and receiving. Port settings are correct and I do have the PT+ manuals.

For hardware: I'm using the following USB-DB25 null modem cable: https://www.amazon.com/Converter-Apd.../dp/B07KYR6B1G coupled with a straight-through female-to-female adapter. I'm running from a Windows 10 machine. I was wondering if the USB-Serial cable is the issue, but if it was I would think I'd have problems sending from the PT+.

To clarify where I'm at with the serial tester:

The PT+, the serial tester checks out: TD is green, all other test lights off.

The USB-DB25 Null model doesn't exactly check out: RD is green (good), DSR and CD are red (not good). Per the manual RTS, CTS, and DTR should be red or green, not DSR and CD. That said: it looks like the PT+ doesn't use RTS, CTS, DSR, CD, or DTR anyway; first pair and last 3 are each jumpered together (loopback). This being the case, I would think that it shouldn't matter what these look like on the cable side. But if the manual calls out the pins status, then it must be important??

*note - i'm using the Step 3 check because my USB-DB25 is a null modem cable; I can't use the Step 2 test since there isn't a "raw" DB25 on the PC

I'm at a point where I'm thinking I'd get a straight-thru USB-DB25 and use a breakout board to route signals accordingly, but would help if anyone who knows more about serial comms than I do to weigh in.

Page 3 of 3 123