585,996 active members*
4,657 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 3T with no G68 X mirror

I've got a Fanuc 3T on a Victor flat bed with 2 turrets. I have been programming the front turret with X+ and the rear turret with X-. My post on my cad/cam doesn't support this. I have written a macro in my editing software to handle this. I would like to use the G68 mirror code for the rear turret so that i can program both turrets using X+. I understand that G68 was an option. The machine is 25 years old. How can I switch this on?

Well I just changed my parameters and got G68 mirror to work. I am wondering if this will change the direction of the tool compensation offsets from plus to minus also for the tools that i mirror in the program?

Quote Originally Posted by Axxtion
    Well I just changed my parameters and got G68 mirror to work. I am wondering if this will change the direction of the tool compensation offsets from plus to minus also for the tools that i mirror in the program?
    From a programming POV you would look at every tool as though it were being programmed from the "G69" turret. On all of the 3T controls I worked on this was the front turret, but that isn't always the case. Circular interpolation, TNR comp, etc.. should all be programmed on the mirrored turret, as if the tools were mounted on the non mirrored turret.

When you turned on the parameter for mirror image, you also need to set a related parameter which specifies the distance between tool posts. Sorry I don't have that info handy.

problem x axis feed rate

good evening,

I have a problem with the x-axis when you move in fast moving x only moves with a preview of 495mm/min that only happens in a positive sense

in advance thank you very much

jorge

sorry my enghish