585,996 active members*
4,560 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > servo drive for motor YASKAWA SGMS-30ACA-TV11

servo drive for motor YASKAWA SGMS-30ACA-TV11

Good morning. I have the motor YASKAWA SGMS-30ACA-TV11 but I can't find any user instructions on the internet and therefore I don't know which drive would allow me to control this motor. The SGMS reference is reminiscent of the SIGMA1 generation but the letter C indicates a 17-bit encoder that we are starting to find in the SIGMA2 generation. Anyone know this engine? Thanks for your help.Best regards.

Re: servo drive for motor YASKAWA SGMS-30ACA-TV11

Hi,
    I cannot find any information on it either. It does not look to be anything out of the ordinary so there must be drives for it somewhere.
    Yaskawa is expensive, so no matter what you will pay through the nose for it.

Have a look at this:

https://www.fasttobuy.com/delta-serv...s1_p37243.html

That's 3kW at 1500rpm, complete with motor, drive and cables for $1100USD....pretty fair buying.

Craig

Hi,
    the servo I linked to is rated to 1500rpm and produces 19.1Nm torque continuous....but its maximum speed is 3000rpm.
    At 3000 rpm it would have 19.1 x 1500/3000 =9.55Nm torque.

So this servo will go 3000rpm no trouble just at reduced torque, but the power (3kW) remains the same.

Craig

Thank you for the suggestion but I prefer to find the drive. BR

Hi,
    good luck. You may have noted that there seems to be plenty of second hand servos to choose from......but very few matching drives. Drives blow up and if they are too
    expensive of difficult to replace then the servo is ditched as secondhand while a new servo and matching drive are fitted instead. Ergo lots of servos....not many drives.

Craig