584,858 active members*
4,307 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

New plasma screen. ( Input needed)

This screen is miles from been finished, however I would value your input.

Looks good....what does the RESET do? Did you create this with something like JBuilder?

I love that,very clean, I need one for a laser set-up.

Very Nice, Ynneb !!

Wow! Certainly not what you'd call "industrial" looking.

I wish someone would sell these "skins" for mach, it would be a great business.

Paul....shhhhhhh! (wedge)
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Wow! Certainly not what you'd call "industrial" looking.
    Who says industrial must be ugly? On the other hand I would argue that my screens are much more safe to use because they group by color and by shape, making it faster and easier to identify the buttons and readouts. If prettying it all up comes with the deal, and
    does not get in the way, then so be it. My motivation has been misinterpreted by a few in the past. My primary concern is to make the screens as easy to use and understand as possible, and decor comes second., but still is important.

I wish someone would sell these "skins" for mach, it would be a great business.
    Well it was your PM that motivated me again. Not so much for the bucks, but it seems that some people do want these screens. I just figured I was only making them for one or two people, but if lots want it I dont mind putting in the effort. My skins will be free, however you can always send me a few hundred if you want I might consider doing company skins for a fee if there is a call for such a service.

Update

I am very excited about this screens progress. The final result is going to be much better that what you have already seen. Fromerly i made just one big bitmap for the screen, but I have descided to distribute the next screens as modules. This will mean you can add or delete modules as you require for your machine, making the screens much easier to taylor to your application.

I am tempted to post my recent work, however I have descided on the big shibang all in one launch instead. I would be surprised / dissapointed if there were any who wont like it.

I recon the shibang will be about a week away.

"Wow! Certainly not what you'd call "industrial" looking."

Benny, hopefully you took the "Wow" to mean "amazing" which is what I had intended (i.e. a compliment)?

"My primary concern is to make the screens as easy to use and understand as possible, and decor comes second., but still is important."

Easy to use and understand is EXACTLY how the above screen is BUT it lacks the almost obligatary ugliness of most industrial products made up until now and you're just about to change that.

Sorry if I didn't convey my thoughts clearly enough in my previous post.

Yeh I know skip. I knew what you meant. When I did my first screen some time ago, I coped a fair bit of flack from a few at the yahoo forum. I have made them a screen too.
    I call it rust.

I dont suppose someone wants to make a .set for this screen ?

Dude AWESOME I love it!!

I have not finished my plasma cutter yet. (lacking about 4hrs work, for past 4 months)

I do use mach for my mill though all the time, and look forward to having a much simplied screen for the plasma once it does get up and running.

Anybody near Lousiville want to finish a CNC plasma for me? I have all the tools, etc for it just don't have the time/motivation with my other projects.

Here are 6 screens that are coming , same design, 3 variations for both 3 and 4 axis machines. Unfortunately I have not made the .sets for them because of a problem with the current screen designer. However, it wont be long untill they are finished.
    I was hoping that someone might be able to help me with making the .set's for them.
    Attached Files Attached Files

ynneb...what are .sets? Whose file extension are they?

Quote Originally Posted by ViperTX
    ynneb...what are .sets? Whose file extension are they?
    Mach3 Screen Designer.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Yes Viper, the .set's are for the invisible link buttons that are placed over the jpg files that give them fuctionality. So far these are just pictures but when you make the .set's you can then use these pictures as a active screens for Mach3.

Benny,
    You do have some artistic talent, that is for sure, nice work. I kept looking at the first screen on this thread, and the others, yet there was always something that drew my preferential attention to the first, then I realized it was the larger fonts, great for us that don't have 20-20 anymore, so now you have to design two of each, one regular size and one super size

Ken

Benny, do you use a transparent button or control for each element, and 1 bmp for the background? I've been waiting for the changes in Screen Designer to make a router screen, and it looks like it's getting close.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

TY for the info ynneb & ger21.

Ger,I insert the picture on the "P" page (universal page) and then on page "1" I insert bitmap buttons, only when you are meant to browse for the bitmap, you just leave it clear. This will effectively create a transparent hotspot that you assign actions to. Just place these hotspots over the buttons idrawn in the main picture.

Unfortunately the current version screen builder isnt working for me, so I am waiting for Art to post a working version. This method has worked well for me in the past.

Page 1 of 2 12