585,687 active members*
4,638 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NMI 20 Emergency Stop Alarm

Hi
    I have the similar alarm in my Mazak Mazatrol M2. When I switch on the power the following alarm appears on the screen.
    "NMI 20 Emergency Stop"
    When I press "reset" button, the alarm disappears for a moment and comes back again. When I press "reset" and "OT" button together, the hydraulic turns on and alarm disappears. But when i release these buttons, the alarm appears again. I checked all the "E stops" and they are fine. Can anyone has an idea please.
    Thanks
    Pcreek

Can you manually move the axis one by one off their limit switches? Sounds like you may have a hard overtravel on one or more axis.

You're on it nlh! Don't you have to release the reset but keep the OT release in while you jog it off the hard limit? And if I remember right, if it's a VQC type, and Y is over in the ATC area it has to be cranked way out of there before it will clear?

LeeLund,

I don't remember exactly. It's been a long time since I had a hard-overtravel on my VQC. Try holding both reset and OT on until the machine comes up, then release reset and keep OT depressed. Then with the jog wheel, move each axis in the - direction until a good distance from the zero point. Then release OT and see what happens. If you have the manuals for the machine, it should point out the correct procedure.

Let us know what else you find.

NLH is exactly correct, I just happened to do the same exact thing to another M2 yesterday.

You might have to go into handle mode while you are holding the overtravel release button down...

Glad I could be of help!

Also, you may be able to use the JOG or RAPID key to accomplish the same thing, but your better off with the HAND WHEEL from a safety perspective.

20 NMI emergency stop Mazak

Thanks everyone for their time and effort. I managed to clear "20 NMI Emergency stop' by moving away all the axises from LS by hand and press reset button on the panel.
    Pcreek

Re: NMI 20 Emergency Stop Alarm

I am getting this alarm also with a 100 alarm tool data incomplete. the reset/ O.T. release combo is not working for me so i moved the y axis back by hand and disconnected the z limit switch. i originally thought this to be a battery problem because i lost all tool data at the same time, but i put new batteries in today and im having the same issues. everytime i put new tool data in and i shut down and restart the machine i will get a white screen that says auto test. then when i get my main screen to come back up all my tool data is gone again. any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

Re: NMI 20 Emergency Stop Alarm

Quote Originally Posted by fizzlenut View Post
    I am getting this alarm also with a 100 alarm tool data incomplete. the reset/ O.T. release combo is not working for me so i moved the y axis back by hand and disconnected the z limit switch. i originally thought this to be a battery problem because i lost all tool data at the same time, but i put new batteries in today and im having the same issues. everytime i put new tool data in and i shut down and restart the machine i will get a white screen that says auto test. then when i get my main screen to come back up all my tool data is gone again. any help with this issue would be much appreciated.
    Any luck on the white Auto Test screen. Our machine just powered up with it. It is very hot and humid today, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks