584,871 active members*
5,258 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Rhinocam > Help with RhinoCam Pro

Help with RhinoCam Pro

Could not get help with the last thread so I am trying again. I do not know why Rhino-Cam will not let me select this file as my stock is there limitations to what you can use?
    Attached Files Attached Files

While we'd like to help

Nobody wants to open your unknown zip file. That's a can that can be full of worms. If you're using a legal copy of RhinoCAM Pro, try sending your file to Mecsoft support and see what they say -support is free, and there are no "maintenance" payments required to get it. There's probably something wrong with your file, but they'd be the folks to tell you what that is.

Andrew Werby
    ComputerSculpture.com — Home Page for Discount Hardware & Software

Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
    Could not get help with the last thread so I am trying again. I do not know why Rhino-Cam will not let me select this file as my stock is there limitations to what you can use?

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    Nobody wants to open your unknown zip file. That's a can that can be full of worms. If you're using a legal copy of RhinoCAM Pro, try sending your file to Mecsoft support and see what they say -support is free, and there are no "maintenance" payments required to get it. There's probably something wrong with your file, but they'd be the folks to tell you what that is.

Andrew Werby
    ComputerSculpture.com — Home Page for Discount Hardware & Software
    I will try there forum as well but here is the file as DXF.

Well the first thing I noticed is that your .dxf contains only a wire drawing and it seems choosing stock from selection requires a solid. So I just revolved your wire model and created a solid then it let me choose it as stock from selection.

Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    Well the first thing I noticed is that your .dxf contains only a wire drawing and it seems choosing stock from selection requires a solid. So I just revolved your wire model and created a solid then it let me choose it as stock from selection.
    Thanks for helping me, the original Rhino file is here http://www.cnczone.com/forums/rhinoc...tml#post867579
    and it is a good file I must be doing something else worng I am new to Rhino and Rhinocam and do not get a chance to use it very much I saved it as a DXF file so I could post it here no one would open my zip file in the other thread I quess they did not trust me but that is the only way to post a Rhino file. If you could check my orignal file it would be great!

Ok I opened your .3dm file and there was no stock, then all I did was select your model>click stock from selection and there was stock the same shape and size of your model. If you move the model out of the way you should be able to see the stock.

I do not know why it does not work for me I can draw any other shape and it will select it but I still can not select this one. Could you post the file back here with it selected as stock so I can open it and see if it is still selected as stock? Thank you so much for this help!!!

Ok I opened your .3dm file and there was no stock, then all I did was select your model>click stock from selection and there was stock the same shape and size of your model. If you move the model out of the way you should be able to see the stock.

Sure no problem. Since I can't upload a .3dm I just changed the extension to .pdf. When you download it just change it back to .3dm then open it with Rhino.

Thanks that workd fine, I am going to have to call tech support to see whats going on.

Sure no problem. Since I can't upload a .3dm I just changed the extension to .pdf. When you download it just change it back to .3dm then open it with Rhino.