585,575 active members*
3,960 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Talon 208

Talon 208

I have a Cincinnati Milacron Talon 208 with the 850sx controls on it. The other day I had problems with the x axis "jumping" on me. We removed all the boards and cleaned them (seemed to work in the past). Went to fire the lathe back up and I just keep getting "HOST CONTROLLER INTIALIZING". The machine was working fine (beside occasional "jumping") before then. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

since no one commented yet, thought I would pop one up to make sure your thread is shown active to folks.... and add my 2 cents..... as sherlock would no doubt say, "if it is broke, the LAST THING you did probably broke it."

So. you had x axis jumps - that can come from lots of problems, cleaned pcb edge connectors, and now it won't boot.... sounds like your cleaning job is the culprit.... sounds like you should take each board back out one at a time and check the edge connector pins real close - if pcb edge, did one get scraped loose? if so, can u glue it back down? if connector pins, did one get bent over? can u straighten it out?

I would do ONE board at a time and then power up and see if it works again. If not, go to next board you cleaned and repeat.. hopefully you will find the culprit this way and at least get back to a x axis jump working machine, or best case, a fixed machine!

good luck and please post how you do!