585,743 active members*
5,054 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by foxsquirrel View Post
    Yes, MC sure did leave a NASTY impression, the SolidCam guys gave me a live demo twice!! If it does something Mastercam'ish I'll let you know, so far its been solid. Just did a 4 sided part yesterday and it was so much easier grabbing an origin on the corner, none of the MC BS rotate, translate,select your tool plane, construction plane and what ever this and that, just click the face, then check box to select corner. If you get down this way stop over and you can play with SC.

You don't have to translate your geometry in Mastercam if you learn to use the WCS. One problem with the WCS in Mastercam is that you have to open the WCS window frequently to make changes because unlike the Mastercam level manager you can't leave the view manager window open. I find this to be an annoying waste of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by mattpatt View Post
    I tried MC and a couple of other CA systems, but nothing touched Solidcam when it came to ease of programming. I was already reasonably proficient in Solidworks, so within a couple of hours of installing Solidcam I was cutting.

MC on the other hand.........Took me about a week to try and set an origin, and no fun at all.

With Solidcam I can play with different strategies etc etc to get what I want and it takes no time at all. Brilliant.
    The user interface for Mastercam view manager needs a total rewrite. Once you get past the UI for the view manager it actually is quite powerful.

I did not realize how much time was waisted fiddling around with MC, at $125 an hour engineering time we are saving 15 hours per week depending upon how much programming is actually required. So in 5 weeks the cost of Solidcam is no longer an issue, not to mention a better work attitude when things work as described in the manual.........

I have been using SolidCAM at my shop for a few years now. I have really liked and found the benefits of having an integrated package. Like every software package, I have found issues but what has impressed me is the level of support that I get from the SolidCAM support staff. They are by far the best that I have come across. I work direct with the SolidCAM USA staff and have been extremely happy with how well they have taken care of me and answered my questions. They have also helped many times with post issues and help solve problems that I was having. The guys in support definitely have a great deal of knowledge about their product. I have also liked the fact that they are continually adding new features in the software with each new version.

How much is a seat of SolidCam 3D?

5K-10K depending on which modules you get. Basic 3D is 5K, 3D with iMachining and the HSM module is 10K.
    PM-45 CNC conversion built/run/sold.

Quote Originally Posted by jid2 View Post
    5K-10K depending on which modules you get. Basic 3D is 5K, 3D with iMachining and the HSM module is 10K.
    how much is the subscription after that?

is there a student version?

Solidcam

I have tested Solidcam many times and others to ! But Solidcam is the easyest to use ! Most user friendly , but im curious if you buy will they at support give me a maho 432 postprocessor ? Can someone help me with that ? Or send me postprocessor ? So i can test it ( i work in a big company if i can proove its good , im sure they will buy Solidcam ) Did test it on Haas and worked perfectly .

Re: Just purchased Solidcam today!

Is Solidcam better than Edgecam. i have access to edge-cam and am learning it, but for my business i want the best.

Re: Just purchased Solidcam today!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMillMan View Post
    Is Solidcam better than Edgecam. i have access to edge-cam and am learning it, but for my business i want the best.
    Without a doubt Solidcam is the Best.

Page 2 of 2 12