585,883 active members*
5,157 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > I.C. Engines > Link to Piston/rotary engine under development

Unhappy Link to Piston/rotary engine under development

Does anyone have the link to a piston/rotary engine being developed in Australia? It operates with dual cams and fixed rods in place of the crankshaft. I had a power outage and lost the link.

Thanks!

Mongo

Are you refering to the Orbital Engine Company?

Splint

Is this the one? http://www.engineair.com.au/

Splint: That was a blast from the past. I remember that engine all those years ago and I tried to keep up with its development until finally it seemed to just drop off the map. Last time I checked up on its progress the owner (inventor?) was heavily into some type of revolutionary fuel efficient electronic injector system for 2 stroke motors which was promising big contracts from the major outboard motor manufacturers. How one could better the current range of electronic injectors I don't know. Now that I think about it, I think it was some form of electronically controlled direct injection for 2 strokes. Back to the Orbital Engine, I can't help but think that maybe it was one of these cons where you supposedly invent something revolutionary, list it on the stock market and the product becomes secondary to all the action (= money) created from the wildfire of stockmarket investors wanting to become millionaires from their investment in the revolutionary new product that's going to sweep the world. On top of the stock market bit, I think he also managed to get huge Government grants (in the millions) for his research work.
    I think that Japanese guy that supposedly invented the perpetual motion electric motor (runs by itself) would be a good example of the same tactic. Maybe I'm wrong about it all but scams do happen every day.
    EDIT: Or am I wrong and the Orbital Engine Company renamed itself to be EngineAir and just hasn't got a single thing into (mass) production in 20 years?
    EDIT #2: I see EngineAir is truly an air powered motor running on compressed air (no fuel of any type) therefore has no connection with Orbital Engine Company. About a year ago I saw a report on a small city car (read: matchbox) in France that was running on compressed air.