585,919 active members*
3,848 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Toyoda FV65/ Fanuc 15ma tool change macro

Toyoda FV65/ Fanuc 15ma tool change macro

We recently lost power and had a ram parity error so the memory had to be cleared. We got the machine perameters reloaded but do not have the tool change macro. Can anyone help me out with this? Called Toyoda but they have been unresponsive thus far.

Some time back I posted a general tool change macro based on what I use on out Toyoda HSP-550's that should work.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/g-code...nge_macro.html

Quote Originally Posted by dpuch View Post
    Some time back I posted a general tool change macro based on what I use on out Toyoda HSP-550's that should work.[/url]
    Nice program. It is a bit more then “general”. More specific for your machine. Checking the tool lengths will only work if the home position is setup the same as yours is. You also have to make sure that you are not using the G54 for anything along with #500.

NJ,
    If you just need something quick to start changing tools then you need to first make sure that the tool change position in the Z is the same as the home position. If that is the case then you can use the G91G28Z0 to get you into position for a tool change. Do you remember what program number your tool change macro was? You should be able to look in the parameters to see which one is set =6. It will be in the parameter range of 7071-7079 or 7080-7089.

Let us know and we can go from there.

Stevo

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    Nice program. It is a bit more then “general”. More specific for your machine. Checking the tool lengths will only work if the home position is setup the same as yours is. You also have to make sure that you are not using the G54 for anything along with #500.

NJ,
    If you just need something quick to start changing tools then you need to first make sure that the tool change position in the Z is the same as the home position. If that is the case then you can use the G91G28Z0 to get you into position for a tool change. Do you remember what program number your tool change macro was? You should be able to look in the parameters to see which one is set =6. It will be in the parameter range of 7071-7079 or 7080-7089.

Let us know and we can go from there.

Stevo

I got in touch with Toyoda and they got me a new macro we are going to input. I did go into the parameters and 7073 was 6, so we are going to change that back to 0 and change 7080 to 6 and enter the following program:

%
    O9020(ATC PROGRAM)
    (SET PARAMETER #7080=6)
    #4=#4003
    G90G53G30Z0M9
    G90G53G30Y0(INSERT -X- POSITION HERE IF NEEDED)
    M6
    G#4
    M99
    %=

There you go. Cool that will work for you. It is really basic and you can many functions if you feel like it. I like to add many things like dpuch was referring to. This is defiantly all you need though.

Stevo

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    Point taken.

I just posted an update for the home position issue, and it should solve any problems with using G54 as well. This was something we had changed, but I never looked back at the code posted in that thread.

Dale

Re: Toyoda FV65/ Fanuc 15ma tool change macro

Hello.
    Can you send me the machine parameters? I have the same machine as well as the same ram parity error. The problem is that I don´t have any data backup.
    My email is [email protected]
    I will realy apreciate your help.
    Best regards.