585,743 active members*
4,828 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > I need Mastercam to try

I need Mastercam to try

Is there a way for me to get some mastercam software for free that I can use to learn it to make me a better employee. I need to learn this badly. I work on a cnc at a moldmakers shop and just need the basics so someone can help me thru the rest. By no means am I trying to generate cutter paths to make money.

Ask the guys that use mastercam ( at your work ), if they can get hold of a demo ( HLE ) version, it has all the bells and whistles, but cannot post-process any operations, plus a couple of other restrictions.

From my understanding, it can only be obtained thru a reseller.

.....Or just contact them yourself and get it. They should provide you with a demo version that won't produce code, like super said. At least that way you can get some books and work through sample parts and eventually be doing it on your own.
    Tim

if you don't mind spending some money I think the guys at Tips For Manufacturing, can help you out.
    I'm not sure but I think they are able to get you a demo version with a purchase of one of the tutorials. good luck

I will ask the obvious question. If I get hold of a demo and install it at home, can I save a file, then bring it to work and use the full version of MasterCAM at work to post code?

It would be very nice to have MasterCAM capability at home for those 2:00 AM mad scientist moments.

Sorry TXfred you will not be able to bring it to work and post.
    It creates a MCXE being and educational file.

Also are you looking for X5 or X4?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Hi , i have a older copy of mastercam design. you cant program off this but you can learn to draw

The Mastercam Home learning Edition (student version of Mastercam) is available free of charge to Subscribers at eapprentice.net, which is an online training site specializing in Mastercam and SolidWorks.