586,009 active members*
4,843 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Material Technology > Material Machining Solutions > Bits suggestion for jewelry wax working whit CNC Router

Bits suggestion for jewelry wax working whit CNC Router

Hello,

I hope I post this thread in the right place.
    I have this project, need to make 3D item about 8cm x 8cm. The material is jewelry wax. The model is a cross. Theres a similar image of the model attached in the thread. My question is what should be the max revolution per minute of the motor so that the wax wont melt. And what kind of bits will be the best for wax working.
    I have this CNC Router High-Z 1000.
    ps. I got my Router for about few months already and dont have much experience yet, hope you will be able to help me.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails alternative-jewelry-shop-circle-cross.jpg  

Liat,

From the pictures on the website you posted it looks like you have a Kress 800 spindle.

I would suggest the lowest speed setting which will be about 10,000 r.p.m.

A carbide .005" 15 degree pyramid cutter will do a nice job cutting the model you posted.

Pyramid 1/8 x 1½ Carbide 15°inc angle [815-PY15] - $9.03 : Bits & Bits

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PY15.jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Thanks for your replay. I would never thought that this is the right cutter for this job.
    I saw this clip [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z78N3qfbsNQ"]YouTube - jewelry cross model on wax, LnV-CnC's R250-3 cnc router[/nomedia] the cutter looks like doing good job.

Thanks again, will try for sure the one you say.

ps. I have added attachment of the CNC I have
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC_Frsmaschine_Kugelumlaufspindeln_High_ZT1.jpg  

Post Feed Rate

Liat,

Set the initial feed rate for the first plunge to 150mm per minute so you do not overload the cutter and break it.

After the initial plunge the feed rate can be increased to about 500mm per minute with the cutter suggested in the previous post.

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Question Correct Spindle speed

Liat,

The Kress spindle in the picture you posted runs 10.000 – 29.000 1/min.

http://tinyurl.com/23cdnvb

If that is what you have you should run it between 10Krpm to 12Krpm and a feed rate up to about 1200mm per minute safely with the cutter I suggested.

Set the initial feed rate for the first plunge to 150mm per minute so you do not overload the cutter and break it.

Jeff...

Thanks again, my bad in the previous post. Thats right its from 10,000 to 29,000. I'll try that cutter thanks for your replay again.