585,967 active members*
4,278 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Index out of bounds error

Index out of bounds error

I have just installed V24 after uninstalling V23 and Predator. Now when I try to open predator cnc editor from within Bobcad or from the desktop I get an "Index out of bounds" error.
    Predator Virtual CNC works fine just the editor dosen't work. Any thought on what to try. I have uninstalled and tried again, but still no joy.
    Any help would be great.

Hi Babinda!

i cannot help you, but i have the same problem on 2 machines..
    My Problem seems to be the language, i live in Germany and use German Windows, also my Pathes are not C:\Profram files , its called C:\Programme...

I got Problems at Posting and Verifying. These are solved, but the Error Out of bounds is still there.

Any ideas ?? Has anyone had that error and got it solved??

Greetings, Tom

Hi Tom
    No I still don't have this fixed. I put in a support question about it, and I got a reply that they would contact me, but they have not.
    My posting is fine it is just the preditor editor that doesn't work - I am beyond frustrated!
    If you find a fix please let me know.

Andrew

Index out of Bounds

This issue pertains to a missing index in a function call,this type of error is caused when some part of the internal workings of the program looks for something that has moved or doesn't exist.

In other words when predator attempts to load it is trying to access a windows function call that is not present. I have seen this issue solved only by re-installing windows. As the exact function call is unknown to myself.

To possibly resolve this issue you can re-install a fresh copy of the windows OS. The root of issue could be one of several items.

1. A corrupted windows update
    2. An internal version mis-match of the ,Microsoft visual C++ redistributable
    3. An internal version mis-match of the ,Microsoft .Net framework 3.5

The cause of this issue can be almost anything , below are some particular things that may cause this error.

1.Registry cleaner software that has damaged the windows registry
    2. A corrupted sector of the hard disk
    3. A corrupted windows system file
    4. A deleted or missing file
    5. A failed windows update

This type of error is usually caused when some part of the internal workings of the program looks for something that has moved or doesn't exist.

You can try contacting predator at
    503-292-7151 x3 for support

If you own BobCAD and need to contact support call the support number
    727-489-0003

You can track the status of the support request online at http://www.bobcaddealer.com

Log in would be your email on file and customer Id call support if you do not have this information.

Re-install Predator

I believe the answer is that babinda01 uninstalled Predator. When I updated to V24 I uninstalled V23, but not Predator. I don't even think that Predator was supplied with my V24 install. Hope this helps.

New Hard Drive

I had the same problem. I was on the phone and Go-to Meeting with Predator for 4 months. Then my hard drive to a crap. I had a new one installed then loaded bobcad again and predator worked just fine. I know it's not a solution but it's what happened to me.