584,802 active members*
4,994 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tornos ENC 162

Hi,
    I set-up and run an enc 162. I have an alarm code #2018 which reads "motor fault/ spindle variator". I contacted Tornos U.S. and was told they needed the code from the digital readout in the electrical panel in back. It read "AL- 02". I was told that my rpm's were to high for material being turned. I dropped my rpms from 3000 to 1800. it ran fine for about 8 hours. Got the same alarm code, but the electrical panel digital readout is now
    "AL- 06". Can anyone tell me what the AL - 06 means? I reset the machine again and the alarm went off again without the machine even running. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beep2Beep View Post
    Hi,
    I set-up and run an enc 162. I have an alarm code #2018 which reads "motor fault/ spindle variator". I contacted Tornos U.S. and was told they needed the code from the digital readout in the electrical panel in back. It read "AL- 02". I was told that my rpm's were to high for material being turned. I dropped my rpms from 3000 to 1800. it ran fine for about 8 hours. Got the same alarm code, but the electrical panel digital readout is now
    "AL- 06". Can anyone tell me what the AL - 06 means? I reset the machine again and the alarm went off again without the machine even running. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Hi

The alarm 2018 is indicating there is a fault with the spindle motor or the drive. Check the spindle/motor is not jammed.

The alarm AL-06 is coming from the spindle motor drive, it's an over speed alarm, it says that the motor speed exceeds 115%.

However if the alarm is coming without the motor even running, when you power on, it's very likely you have a fault with the spindle motor drive. If that is the case it will need replacment or repair. You need to contact Tornos US for advice.

Need Help! Tornos ENC 162

I am now getting the code "AL - 22" Can you explain what this one means?

ENC - 162 Spindle Alarm

I had the same thing happen to my machine. You need to contact Fanuc. Don't bother with Tornos. Roland is good, but even he sent me to Fanuc. I had all the same alarm codes and ended up replacing the spindle control panel in the back of the machine. Here is a link for the alarm codes - Fanuc Alpha axis and spindle alarm codes

Be advised, the panel wasn't cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Beep2Beep View Post
    I had the same thing happen to my machine. You need to contact Fanuc. Don't bother with Tornos. Roland is good, but even he sent me to Fanuc. I had all the same alarm codes and ended up replacing the spindle control panel in the back of the machine. Here is a link for the alarm codes - Fanuc Alpha axis and spindle alarm codes

Be advised, the panel wasn't cheap.
    Haha did you just post in your own thread from a year ago thinking it was another persons thread?

Haha