584,850 active members*
4,428 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Best Replacement Parts Place

Hybrid View

Best Replacement Parts Place

I'm trying to find some covers and wipers. Not having much luck. Anybody know of a good resource?

THX
    M.E.
    www.wheeler-ind.com

I cant say how Okuma handles things from locale to locale, but I have had the greatest experience with Hartwig (the are the service people for my area)

I cant say much about pricing, as I have needed little, and just ordered from them because of all the help they have provided in the past. But great people.

Wade

Goatsucker out here won't usually help much. If you don't have a part number they have no clue. Waycovers are machine specific, dealer only usually. I have delt with a sheetmetal shop that has repaired/made new pieces for me.

X2 on Hartwig, always very helpful. They are in Denver CO.

Hartwig, Inc. - Home
    The beaten path, is exclusively for beaten men.

From another post...

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Circle View Post
    I too have nothing but good things to say about Hartwig.

Have aslo used A&A here in WI, and have had good results from them as well - usually cheaper and faster than Okuma too.

Best regards,

I'm still waiting for a quote on a complete set of wipers for my LB-15. Called Robert E. Morris in CT, but due to the big storm, they claimed it would be awhile. I put the call in last Friday. I'm sure it won't be cheap.

Unfortunately A&A doesn't have anything in stock that corresponds to my "Old" Okuma part #'s, which is one reason I called the dealer, I was hoping to get updated part #'s which A&A could cross reference. They did mention that they had produced wipers for an LB-15 in the past, but their #'s did not match mine.

If I need to, I will take all my sheet metal off(not a fun job!) and measure the way's and see what A&A will charge for custom wipers. I really need these items yesterday but due to work load I'll have to run the machine without. I don't want to do it but don't have another machine for backup.

That's my experience. Maybe I'll try Hartwig.

Nate