584,837 active members*
4,824 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Best Replacement Parts Place

Best Replacement Parts Place

I'm trying to find some covers and wipers. Not having much luck. Anybody know of a good resource?

THX
    M.E.
    www.wheeler-ind.com

I cant say how Okuma handles things from locale to locale, but I have had the greatest experience with Hartwig (the are the service people for my area)

I cant say much about pricing, as I have needed little, and just ordered from them because of all the help they have provided in the past. But great people.

Wade

Goatsucker out here won't usually help much. If you don't have a part number they have no clue. Waycovers are machine specific, dealer only usually. I have delt with a sheetmetal shop that has repaired/made new pieces for me.

X2 on Hartwig, always very helpful. They are in Denver CO.

Hartwig, Inc. - Home
    The beaten path, is exclusively for beaten men.

From another post...

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Circle View Post
    I too have nothing but good things to say about Hartwig.

Have aslo used A&A here in WI, and have had good results from them as well - usually cheaper and faster than Okuma too.

Best regards,

I'm still waiting for a quote on a complete set of wipers for my LB-15. Called Robert E. Morris in CT, but due to the big storm, they claimed it would be awhile. I put the call in last Friday. I'm sure it won't be cheap.

Unfortunately A&A doesn't have anything in stock that corresponds to my "Old" Okuma part #'s, which is one reason I called the dealer, I was hoping to get updated part #'s which A&A could cross reference. They did mention that they had produced wipers for an LB-15 in the past, but their #'s did not match mine.

If I need to, I will take all my sheet metal off(not a fun job!) and measure the way's and see what A&A will charge for custom wipers. I really need these items yesterday but due to work load I'll have to run the machine without. I don't want to do it but don't have another machine for backup.

That's my experience. Maybe I'll try Hartwig.

Nate

I sent info to the dealer Morris South in charlotte. Waiting for an answer from them. Does A and A make the metal wipers as well that are in the interior of the machine seen in the attached pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG01695.jpg  
    M.E.
    www.wheeler-ind.com

They probably can, but they don't have anything reference by part#. I checked on those as well. You can probably buy some rubber and make your own on these. They are fairly simple. The way wipers on the other hand are more complicated.

These are not rubber. They are thin metal. Almost like shim stock.

On my LB-15 they are rubber with a metal "washer" plate on top. It's possible I don't have the OEM equipment but it is the way it was when I bought the machine. I've noticed a few other oddities on my machine so I have a feeling the last customer didn't want to spend the money and do the job right.

A&A has several different types of wiper materials in stock that will work as well if not better for you. I'd give them a call and they can steer you towards some of their bulk wiper material that you could trim and drill to fit yourself. Much cheaper and faster than Okuma, but you will have more work on your end to fit them to the machine.

Typically the sheet metal on that machine is fine or can be "hammered" back into shape, so just the wipers can be replaced.

I tend to like a metal shield over rubber wiper since it protects the rubber from hot chips and tends to push down on the rubber to keep a nice seal on the covers. Works well unless you cut dry, then the rubber needs some lube to work properly.

Best regards,

Re: Best Replacement Parts Place

Quote Originally Posted by kkarasch View Post
    I sent info to the dealer Morris South in charlotte. Waiting for an answer from them. Does A and A make the metal wipers as well that are in the interior of the machine seen in the attached pic.
    hey i was wondering if your issue was resolved? can you actually buy the whole way cover and rubber wipe? ? i have an okuma crown from late 90s and not sure what it's called but the way behind the turret is awfully loose and damaged begging to come out.

Re: Best Replacement Parts Place

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    A&A has several different types of wiper materials in stock that will work as well if not better for you. I'd give them a call and they can steer you towards some of their bulk wiper material that you could trim and drill to fit yourself. Much cheaper and faster than Okuma, but you will have more work on your end to fit them to the machine.

Typically the sheet metal on that machine is fine or can be "hammered" back into shape, so just the wipers can be replaced.

I tend to like a metal shield over rubber wiper since it protects the rubber from hot chips and tends to push down on the rubber to keep a nice seal on the covers. Works well unless you cut dry, then the rubber needs some lube to work properly.

Best regards,
    hey Wiz i am thinking it's just a Rubber strip like this what do you think? 4mm thick?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rubber-Shee...sAAOSwVgtZxiDb