Hello,

I've recently acquired a Mori Seiki ZL-253 running a MSG-501 MAPPS controller and I’ve run into some difficulty uploading programs. The machine has two turrets and each one requires a separate program to which I can upload them individually without any trouble. The issue is I would like the operator to only have to bring in one program from the server that contains code for each turret but the controller doesn’t allow the two heads to share a program list. This means that I can bring in both programs from the same file in one head but cannot read it from the other; this excludes being able to copy files between heads or otherwise sharing it within the NC memory.

I would like to know if I can merge these two program lists like how other Fanuc devices operate or if I can directly migrate the program within the machine without having to copy everything to a memory card and adding additional steps for the operator. From what I hear I may be able to run it with a standard Fanuc OS but I’m unfamiliar with how to boot into it. I appreciate any advice you might have.

Thanks in advance,
Max