585,737 active members*
4,722 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Phase Converters > Fuling DZB200M and Spindle Motor Wiring

Fuling DZB200M and Spindle Motor Wiring

Hello all

I just received my first desktop CNC router yesterday and am excited putting it all together now. The unit purchased (a YOOCNC 6040) came supplied with a Fuling DZB200M inverter. Unforunately it didn't come with any overall instructions for the router. I've found an english manual for the DZB200M but one thing I'm stuck on is the wiring for the spindle. The cable that came with it is standard 3 core mains flex, with brown, blue and green wiring and a 4 pin plug that connects into the spindle. The wires aren't labelled at all. On the VFD there motor connections are labelled U, V, W.

I'm stuck on which wire goes where? I'm guessing it's a 3 phase motor as the DZB200M says its single phase input, 3 phase output. But if that's the case, then there's no earth wire which worries me.

I've measures the resistance between pins on the input, and pins 1,2,3 all have around 4.8ohms between each other, and pin 4 seems to be not connected.

Does anyone have any insight? I'll email off the manufacturer too, but this forum might get a quicker response.

Cheers - Matt

UVW is usually the 3 ph notation for motor conductor connections.
    There normally is a earth connection on most VFD's, but in any case the frame of the motor should be connected to earth ground.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Hi Al

Thanks for the reply. Does it then matter which wire goes where for a 3 phase motor? This is the spindle that was supplied (not that it has a lot of info):

GDZ65-800w spindle motor - Detailed info for GDZ65-800w spindle motor,spindle motor,GDZ65-800w spindle motor,GDZ65-800w on Alibaba.com

I've never wired up 3 phase motors before, just things like 3 phase dimmers which are usually labelled phase A, B, C etc not that it really matters in the end of the day for them anyway.

Cheers - Matt

The three conductors are interchangeable, just that any two require swapping if the direction is wrong.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks Al

I wired it up and the spindle works just fine. But as soon as I wound up the speed the router started moving. I suspect that I need to run a dedicated earth wire to the router. It doesn't seem to have one (cheap Chinese product!). I will try that tomorrow. Way past home time for me.

Cheers - Matt

Hi, i just joined and brought a 6040 from china two weeks ago, i have the .8kw VFD spindle.
    As i lengthened my wires i forgot what i started with, but i put the black to [V] in the center and being phased it sorts itself,
    But, for people having juttering when the controller is powered and you startup the spindle and during running where the unit will drift- you need to earth the table to mains earth for the spindle to have that 4th wire connection, i spent a whole night trying to track crosstalk in the system where all along it was one wire i had to add to earth the table.

Ill start a thread with my machine, pity there is so little documentation from yoocnc to hook it up

I tried a dedicated earth wire but it didn't help. I solved it changing to a secondary parallel card I had. Now it works just fine.

Make sure you check if there is any drift in the Z axis though. I've found that if I zero the Z axis at one end of the Y axis, it's about 0.6mm out at the other end of the Y axis. I'm sure all I need to do is undo the bolts on one end of the arm and raise it slightly but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

Cheers - Matt