585,959 active members*
4,711 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

8040M "Transmission Failure" message

We're trying to set up our new mill with a Fagor 8040M controller and continually get a "transmission failed" message when we try to transfer files through WinDNC. We've tried a new RS232 cble and even connected directly into the back of the controller circuit boards and still get the error message. The cable has pins 2 & 3 reversed as shown in the online RS232 wiring diagram. Anyone have any ideas?

I haven't seen the wiring diagram but I have an 800 series fagor control on a lathe and I use windnc on windows XP although I am currently trying other software as I want to move to a linux PC. The lead is three wire straight through(not crossed over), with links to disable the handshaking. The PC is set at 4800 baud, 8 data, 1 stop, no parity. The serial port needs to be set up via the Windows device manager as well as in windnc and while you are doing this you could go onto the ports advanced settings and set the transmission buffers to help with transmission problems. Also set the port to disable handshaking.

If you want to know which pins to bridge then contact me and I will dig out the drawing.

Dan