585,938 active members*
3,323 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EMCOTURN 342 help

I have a question that I’m hoping you can answer. We have a emcoturn 342, and upon machine power-up it alarms out code 6011. does this for about 2 or 3 minutes, and then will quit and run ok. Could this be a power supply issue from the boards? Or another issue?

I changed the power supply (BUC2) and both x and z (BUS 21) boards and no fix. Still alarms 6011 and 7000 (which I know 6011 is drives power supply fault and 7000 is aux off) and I have to keep turning the aux on every few seconds for a few mins upon power up. Little lost at this point, any ideas?

Could well be a power supply warming up slowly before getting to the minimum voltages.

Have you checked and written down all the PSU voltages when cold and again when the fault clears ? Look for test points or terminals to check against.

This may give you an answer.

i checked all the cuircuts, all seem to be good. no power to it until you turn the aux on, then alarms out 6011 (drives power supply fault). once the alarm stops it powers up and everything seems ok, its just getting it to stop alarming out when you turn the aux on is the problem.

The problem is the aux contact they start to stick. In the morning, when the machine is off i tap the contactor by hand to free it and then you are good for that day. I have now changed it to a new one no more faults.

Hi Gents,

Any chance you could take a look at my posting:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/emco_l...urn_342_a.html

And perhaps check out my website:
    current error status EmcoTurn 342

I am kind of stuck in problem finding.
    It seems to be the hydraulic unit.

Any help is appriciated.

Thanks,

RataM

Angry Owner

Hi all,
    Can anyone help me on a emco turn 342 I have a 6024 alarm I did hold the aux button and turret but no good it reads 6024 turret encoder 1 fault I can't get rid of it.

Thanks,
    Jerryjr1122

Try holding the reset button and turret on at the same time. i do belive holding the aux and the turret butten at the same time for about 2 complete turret revolutions. If you still get the alarm then you may want to look into the encoder on the trurret.

Emco

Thank you I will.

Hi All,

I am facing turret error 6025.
    Also tried pushing reset button + turrent button and AUX ON button + turrent button but so far the error remains.

Does anyone have an idea how to get rid of this error?

For more info see my page:

http://ratam.woelmuis.nl/current/emc...rrorstatus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by engine tech art View Post
    Try holding the reset button and turret on at the same time. i do belive holding the aux and the turret butten at the same time for about 2 complete turret revolutions. If you still get the alarm then you may want to look into the encoder on the trurret.

Re: EMCOTURN 342 help

Hi i have a emcoturn 342 with sinumerik 810t and sauter turret . I want to remove turret from machine and use block .but now i have alarm 6024 , 6025 , 6028. When alarm 6024 gone i have alarm 6025 . when i take the clamp sensor on the turret magnet out i have 6028 alarm.
    Please help me to remove this turret.