585,719 active members*
4,120 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: V23 Question

V23 Question

Simple question, Is there a V23 mill standard and a V23 mill pro or only 1 option for milling? Mike

Hi Mike,

There were two options for V23 mill. Pro had upgraded 3d toolpaths, standard had basic 3d toolpaths. I think everything else was pretty much the same.

Doug

The V23 Mill Pro adds the Equidistant Offset plus a couple options for linking toolpaths on the other 3D techniques.

The newer version of BobCAD (V24) Mill Pro adds 3 or 4 additional 3D toolpaths that V23 doesn't have at any level. I would check their website for further details. BobCAD-CAM | CAD-CAM Software for CNC Machines including: Mill, Lathe, Wire EDM, Laser, Plasma, Waterjet, Routers and much more.

I am looking on Ebay at packages and they are not saying if they are standard or Pro. I am wanting something for a home hobby shop so either may work well for me. Is there features that I cannot machine if I have V23 standard or can I machine them but maybe not as fast a I could with V23 pro ? Mike

The standard mill comes with Z lvl rough and finish I use it at home at it does a really nice 3 axis job the other stadard features are nice as well..I dont see any need for pro if its just for you hobby IMO:cheers:

If you are buying V23,which is now the"old stuff",I would expect all the bells and whistles for a pretty good price.There is no more updates for this,at least that is best I can tell from what I filter through the forums.There are still many things that dont work right or not quite as should.Not bashing,with the different forums available,and all the archives in them,you can find work a rounds for most of the problems.Still good deal,especially for hobby,however my advice, being the "old stuff",get the pro and Preditor 2 if possible,and the price should be real good now,one would expect.If not call Bob direct and talk to one of their used car salesman,ooops I mean software salesman and haggle a deal.Reminds me of like when I went to Tijuana years ago.For the money,should work good for you.