584,800 active members*
4,710 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

TNC 151 anyone?

Hi All,
    Our TNC 145 control is acting up. Gus suggested replacing it with a 151. Anybody out there have one? It is a good solid machine and I would prefer to keep the current drives / power supply, etc.
    Thanks,
    H

Just happen to be going through a rebuild of a BP Interact and I'm in no need of any of these older parts

Shoot me a IM if your intrested I have all sorts of crazy parts from this thing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011-01-23_13-36-31_951.jpg   IMG_4550.jpg  
    "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong". {To Hell With Murphy FIX IT!}

Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    Just happen to be going through a rebuild of a BP Interact and I'm in no need of any of these older parts

What was your replacement?

Ajax CNC Kit it's a very well laid out kit has the option for everything a mill could ever use not done quite yet I'll post some pics of it on this page alittle later

Ajax CNC Kit it's a very well laid out kit has the option for everything a mill could ever use not done quite yet I'll post some pics of it on this page alittle later
    Great! I am wondering, does it let you implement rigid tapping? What about 4th axis?

It can support SIX axis's and yes it can support Rigid Tapping but it is a option you have to buy and you have to get some encoders on the spindle

here's a blurb from thier website

"This option frees you from the cumbersome and sometimes inaccurate methods of tapping with floating and reversing tapping heads. You not only get standard rigid tapping, but also have the option of rigid peck tapping. Both the Spindle "S" function option and a spindle-mounted encoder are necessary for rigid tapping. Rigid Tapping $495

By the end of all this crap I'll be a BP interact series II guru

It can support SIX axis's and yes it can support Rigid Tapping but it is a option you have to buy and you have to get some encoders on the spindle

here's a blurb from thier website

"This option frees you from the cumbersome and sometimes inaccurate methods of tapping with floating and reversing tapping heads. You not only get standard rigid tapping, but also have the option of rigid peck tapping. Both the Spindle "S" function option and a spindle-mounted encoder are necessary for rigid tapping. Rigid Tapping $495

By the end of all this crap I'll be a BP interact series II guru
    Awesome! I also have a BP Interact 2. I like it a lot.

I recently added an encoder on the spindle and nowadays, do rigid tapping.

I also added a 4th axis to it. It is now an awesome machine. I use EMC2.

Rigid tapping cost me $90 in the form of cost of the encoder.

4th axis cost me $149 for a 12 inch CNC rotary table, $150 for an extra encoder card, $150 for a resolver to differential encoder converter.

I use EMC2...

Is any of this still available?

I have an interest on this part Power Supply board Unit (230 802) this is a 120/220VAC type unit and powers the TNC151B CNC Bridgeport Interact I system with S/N:664171089C and schematic #:879-1304
    Let me know if you still have these parts.
    Regards

Sorry, I sold the all the parts about a year ago. But my Mach3 upgrade is working great. PM if you need some advice on the upgrade process