585,660 active members*
3,258 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > (ALARM 414 SERVO ALARM) Y-AXIS DETECT ERROR?
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: 414 Axis Detect Err

Check on Your machine panel, for a similar axis drive and you could exchange them (eg. Swap drives on X axis And Y axis) and see if the alarm 8 problem shift to the other axis. If after swapping, problem still exist on the same axis, then we have to check on Motor / encoder etc as you are ruling out a mechanical fault. Checking of 200 series Diagnostic bits may also give you some hints. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by drbisson View Post
    I had a service tech put a new one in and he had the same fault. he thinks it might be a mechanical issues. I have checked the ball screw and ways everything looks and moves well. I wish I had the amplifier so I can see what happens for myself.
    Hello friend. I have been having the exact same symptoms with one of our VMC, and even though the problem still unsolved, I am now almost 100% that the problem is the axis brake being too tight., that creates enough additional friction on the axis so the servo amp interprets it an overload and errors out.

Today I am trying to find out on what voltage does this brake operates, because the book does not specifies it. All I see is that this voltage comes from a Bridge rectifier that in my case, uses 110volts. If I find the way to make sure the brake is getting its nominal voltage, then I am going to take the motor apart and adjust the brake´s clearance. I hope this helps.

Re: (ALARM 414 SERVO ALARM) Y-AXIS DETECT ERROR?

mine had an 8 on the amps. solved by blowing out connectors

Hello everyone, I have a sogo machine with fanuc 18t control, Fanuc software has been uninstalled, I installed the software and I uploaded an old backup of parameters only. And I have errors. 404, 417. Please help me with that.

Quote Originally Posted by cnc2149 View Post
    The 414 alarm is like a Check Engine light in a car. This fault can be due to any of the reasons the other posters mentioned plus many more. You can go to DGN 200 and 201 on the DGNOS page (off of the SYSTEM hard key) and record the bit pattern for the Y axis when the fault is present. This will give us an idea of which way to go. The definitions of these bits is contained in the 16/18-i CNC Maint manual, if you have it. If not, let us know what you see and we can provide guidance.
    Thanks for the info.
    I have a takisawa layth with fanuc 21-tb , getting a 414 error on z axis ck the DGN 200 had a change to 1 on ovc. ?
    HELP
    larry

I had alarm 8 on a couple different machines. Most likely a transistor module blew up if it's alarming all the time. The big question is why did it blow up.

Unplug the power cables to the servo motor from the drive and meg any of U V or W to the ground. I forget what Fanuc's spec is but I had trouble at 18-24 MOhms and lower than that it's even worse. I had to replace the cables and get the drive fixed, but it was like night and day afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by drbisson View Post
    Is this the axis amplifier or the power source?
    torno cnc fanuc ot falla modulo amplificador a06b-6079-h208 fault modulo 8 o 9 (alarma cnc 414 y 424)
    fuga detectada de alta corriente en eje L =8
    fuga detectada de alta corriente en eje M =9
    verificación de falla.
    desconectar todos los cables menos la alimentación de 24vdc y encender alimentación, si no arroja falla. aparece(-)
    ""revisar los cables de los motores,encoder y aislación de los motores."" falla externa del amplificador. medir aislacion con ohmetro megger.

si arroja falla es el amplificador esta dañado, bueno si la falla es aveces en las partidas o ocasionalmente o en verano o invierno, puede haber un daño interno puede ser el relé de conexión o alguna resistencia o condensador o una caída de voltaje en la fuente de alimentación de los 24vdc
    " ami me sucedio e hice lo siguiente puse un relé temporizado ala entrada de alimentación de los 24vdc con 1 seg ala conexion y se borro la falla y no volvió a fallar. el torno cnc fallaba cuando hacia frio arrojaba la falla 8 o 9 en el amplificador. la falla viene de hace muchos años atras y nunca se habia podido solucionar por los técnicos. ojala les sirva la informacion.
    "revisen bien puede la alimentacion del amplificador" a pasado que han cambiado el amplificador y vuelve a fallar.

saludos

A useful information needed for me.Thank you very much for the investment in the article
    1v1 lol unblocked

Page 2 of 2 12