585,676 active members*
4,136 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 12 12345
    tskguy

Thanks for your comments on the build

Yes I can make other T-Slot tables just depends on the size you want, The T-Slot table for this build is .750 thick, & made from Mic6 Tooling plate, there are two ways to make these, they can be Machined like the one in the photo's, or fabrcated which is a good way as well, If you damage a panel, you can just replace the part that is damaged

The table is now finished so I will post some more photos tomorrow
    Mactec54

Wow very cool...

My machine is a small fixed gantry machine so my current table is only
    12" x 12" It is also mic6 and Im pretty sure .5 inch thick. I could send my existing table or just purchase some new mic6. I have a feeling .5 may be a little thin for tslots. Anyway let me know.

Thanks!

tskguy

I will be building a smaller machine soon, it to will have a table size around the 12x14, Thicker the better for the Table, even for a small machine it makes a big difference

We could still use your .500 plate & add the T-Slot pieces to it. the top pieces would be doweled & cap screwed in place from the bottom
    Mactec54

Again thanks,

I sent you a pm but failed to read the part about using my existing table. I really like that idea!! Send me a message and we can chat about details!

Thanks,
    Eric

tskguy

I replyed to your PM

There will be more photo's today of the build's progress
    Mactec54

Here is some more photos of the finished T-Slot table & the support Base Frame

Only the end frames to finish & the Main support frame will be complete
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Base Frame Front View without Table Front-1.jpg   Base side view without Table Mounted-2.jpg   Base Frame Complete with Table Mounted-4.jpg   Base side view with Table Mounted-5.jpg  

Mactec54

That's some pretty spiffy looking machining work. Looks a lot better than my no-frills efforts. I can appreciate just how much effort went into it though.

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

CarveOne

Thanks for your comments

I watch your builds as well, you are having fun with your builds, that is the important part, I will be building a bigger & a small machine next
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    CarveOne

Thanks for your comments

I watch your builds as well, you are having fun with your builds, that is the important part, I will be building a bigger & a small machine next
    That, I do. With build #4 not in sight any time soon, I went in debt for a new shop toy today. Check my steel channel build log.

Having a big machine is nice, even it it isn't used to full capacity very much. It also can serve as a place to stage the next projects and do some assembly work in the unused areas. I kept the sides relatively low just for that reason.

CarveOne
    CarveOne

CarveOne

The Table Saw should be a nice addition to your shop, The Jet products are made/put together quite well
    Mactec54

CarveOne

The Table Saw should be a nice addition to your shop, The Jet products are made/put together quite well
    Thanks, I hope so. I was looking long and hard at the Grizzly G0691, but the Jet model I finally chose has some features I was interested in. My Jet 14" closed base band saw has been a good machine since 1999. I have cut a lot of aluminum plates to shape with it, as well as wood and Lexan.

CarveOne
    CarveOne

carve one, I have had a 3 hp Jet table saw for nearly 3 years now and still have no complaints. I jhave had smaller Deltas,craftsmans and grizzlies in the past.
    Mactec,I love the honeycomb bracing under the table. It will be MUCH more rigid than any of the smaller machines I have seen in the past.
    Considering the machine I have now,I have learned just how important rigidity is w/respect to cnc machines.

Quote Originally Posted by sconklin View Post
    carve one, I have had a 3 hp Jet table saw for nearly 3 years now and still have no complaints. I jhave had smaller Deltas,craftsmans and grizzlies in the past.
    Mactec,I love the honeycomb bracing under the table. It will be MUCH more rigid than any of the smaller machines I have seen in the past.
    Considering the machine I have now,I have learned just how important rigidity is w/respect to cnc machines.
    Thanks for the good word! I'm still waiting for the phone call........ Hopeful to have it by Friday.

CarveOne
    CarveOne

Awesome build! Wish I had fiends like you!

I'm watching this one closely, as I want to build a sturdy desktop machine for smaller metal parts. I have the baseplate already...

Here is some more photos of the finished T-Slot table & the support Base Frame

Only the end frames to finish & the Main support frame will be complete
    OMG an OCD clean freak with impecable machining skill's.!. . . Just want I want to be when I grow up.!!. . . Aww well Maybe in the next life. . Lol

Great work can't wait to see more.!

louieatienza

hemsworthlad

Thanks for your comments

This machine build, may be the building blocks, for more machines to come

As far as clean goes, everybody knows, that when you cut metal or any material, your shop gets a mess, untill the job gets done, This is in my Home shop & is not a very big area, so I have to keep it clean, so this is normal to me

The EndFrames are almost complete so some more photos are coming may be today
    Mactec54

Some more progress, the EndFrames are finished, The next parts will be the Ball screw Bearing mounts & the Ball screw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Router Back View-1.jpg   Router Rear Frame Inside Motor Ball screw Mount-2.jpg   Front View Finished-3.jpg   Router Frount Ball screw mount-4.jpg  

Router Side View with Rubber stop-5.jpg  
    Mactec54

:banana:That looks so good!!

Im sure it is going to be a great machine. I cant wait to see more.

Eric

:cheers:Wish I had a friend like Mactec54
    Larry
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

That looks awesome. Those end plates are pretty fancy

Page 3 of 12 12345