585,992 active members*
5,238 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy affordable wet saw?

I want to do my framing out of 80/20, but I'm at a loss finding a good saw to cut it. A regular chop saw makes a burred mess of aluminum in my experience. I was hoping to find an affordable wet chop/cut-off saw to do the job. If I google for it all I get is a million tile saws. Does anyone know a good source or an better means to cut 80/20? Thanks!

Possibly a small power-hacksaw or a mini-bandsaw set up to cut like a chop saw? I've seen both, but haven't the slightest idea where to actually buy one.

Nah...don't need a wet-saw!

I used a Dewalt Model-DW703 Miter Saw with a 60tooth Triple-Chip Craftsman Blade to cut the 80/20 for my frame. Cut through it like it was butter! No burrs, very smooth finish.

Best part is, after cutting all your 80/20 you are left with an excellent saw that will last you a lifetime.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452

Javadog,

Cool!

I've got 20' sitting here that would make a great little frame for a smaller machine. And a new miter saw to boot? He he he (gleefull anticipation). And no signifigant other to have to try to justify the purchase to? Muah ha ha ha ha ha ha (evil laughter).

Thanks.

P.S. Stick some motors on your UAV and post an update!

Lance