585,741 active members*
5,359 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Has anyone besides this guy made concrete mill parts?

Has anyone besides this guy made concrete mill parts?

I was just wondering if anyone knows of someone else besides this guy CNCBridges who has made concrete bases and tables? Oh yeah, for all you guys with X2's who don't already know better DON'T buy from that guy, he is just here to rip you off! But he seems to have good ideas on what a table and base like this should be like.

Slashmaster,

See post number 11 by "The Blight in the attached thread, he has a good looking model of a concrete mill.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/mechan...hine_base.html

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Concrete-Mill.jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Slashmaster,

Here is a link to a one in progress.

» Blog Archive » Concrete based CNC router

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails heavy-stone-cnc1-300x225.jpg   heavy-stone-cnc3.jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

I have some patents related to machine building using concrete. They are mostly focusing on how to reinforce the concrete to better handle tension loads, but are still interesting to read.

My project is on hold until I move back to Norway this summer, and it will probably have to wait for some time, as I will have to get a place where I can set it all up and start new projects.

Link to log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vertic..._concrete.html

I have a couple updated designs, and I might post them if anyone is interested. It is a long term project, so there wont be many updates on it.

The other project comes from this link: Svenska ElektronikForumet • Visa tråd - Dunderklumpen R.I.P. [Ny film sid. 25] and it is in Swedish. I can however tell you that the machine has been taken apart (smashed to bits), as it was too heavy to move.

If you are talking about epoxy granite, there are quite a few builds out there.