585,931 active members*
3,748 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Amada Coma 567 04p-c error need help

Amada Coma 567 04p-c error need help

I am an operator of above said machine in the title. The other night I was on a long run, everything was fine, program loaded perfectly at the start. Half way through the run I had to change over to complete a "hot re-work order". I go into edit mode, delete my current program, and upload the program for the re-work. I then went into the MDI and zero'ed my count, continued into auto memory mode, and ran the order out, no problems.

I then deleted the program and went back to MDI, reset my count to what it was where i left off, then went into Edit mode, typed in my program, followed the 07777 punch procedure, and when I pushed the "read" button, I got an error that said (rec) error.

The machine will run perfect manually typing in a full program, but will not accept a program, when this error occurs it sends a "corrupt" file back to the computer it recieves files from, complete jibberish is contained in them.

This is the first time anyone has seen this error. where do i start trouble shooting this?

1. check if anything was changed in set page ( tv check,etc.).
    2. what is alarm # ?

Hello,
    Are you sure you didn't inadvertently change the number for the INPUT DEVICE when you were keying into the items on the SETTING page display? It almost sounds like the input device setting was changed so now it is looking for a different device?
    0: Tape Reader(for build in tape reader)
    1: SIO 1(for tape reader with baud rate of 1200)
    2: SIO 2(for tape reader with baud rate of 2400)
    3: SIO 3(for tape reader with baud rate of 4800)
    4: REMOTE BUFFER (for remote controlled operation)

Are you getting any alarms? alarm numbers??
    Regards,
    Wes

There is no error code number along with this problem. The input device is as it always has been. SIO:2 and output SIO:3 I did find that If I altered the Input device, the error would not show, however the program would not load, and "Read" would just flash. Maybe the driver is dead?

I would also check settings on the computer.
    Why have different settings for input and output?
    The jibberish file received at the pc indicates incorrect baud rate setting, at least it does with both my 04P-C and 6M controls.
    You could also try sending from the computer to controller with 'no handshake' setting on the computer.

is this now useless

I have very old CNC Punching machine
    it is AMADA PEGA 244 with CNC Fanuc O4P-C
    I Have 2 Problems

1st

the problem was that in start up in cnc mode it give message Power off Start Again when i select MMC mode it show 3 alarms

1- Alarm 100 parameter write Enable
    2- Alarm 417 servo Alarm x Axis parameter
    3- Alarm 427 servo Alarm Y Axis Parameter
    I entered to parameter list i find most of it zeros . I haven't the parameter list of the machine . also when i press on MDI push bottom it is not active . i want the procedure to change the parameters.

2nd

while one of my friends want to help me to fix the problem he remove the battery while the power was OFF . after that when switch the power on again we find in CNC mode new message '' SYSTEM ERRO''. and in MMC mode the page of alarms and parameter not come it stop after checking memory then i couldn't even go to parameter pages now .

i need help from my friends here to fix all this problems .

best regards

Attia

You may need to initialize the memory, this will clear all the parameters and all stored programs. To do this you press and hold 0 (zero) and Delete keys while you power on. Then you reload the parameters, either from the parameter tapes or manually enter the values.
    Do you have the parameter tapes for your machine?
    Is it thin turret or thick turret machine? . . .how many stations?

as a general rule do NOT initialize the memory except as a last resort. it will cause major problems with parameters. take a look around these forums and see how many people have trouble with lost parameters and getting their machine running. some are still not running after years. don't do it!

hmmm, anyway, if you **ONLY** had 2 problems you would be ok LOL!!!
    you removed the battery with the power off and you dont have a parameter backup or PMC backup and you have no knowledge of even how to change parameters so you've basically created a thousand problems and f**ked the machine.

In this case clearing the memory may get you back to square one and allow you to enter parameters but you will not be able to get the machine running yourself even if someone here gives you step by step instructions on certain procedures because your machine is not common, has an old/strange control and you do not have a parameter and PMC backup.

It will take you years to fix it but I doubt that is even possible without specialized help. Your only option is to find someone with the same machine and get a parameter and PMC backup from them and re-load it. That task alone is a MAJOR hurdle. Otherwise you need to call in a Fanuc technician or sell it as scrap

fanuc AMADAN O4P-C

Dear all

-i haven't the parameter tapes for my machine

-in my country it isn't possible to get Fanuc technician

so what i can do with this status

Your only option is to find someone with the same machine and get a parameter and PMC backup from them and re-load it

tanks perfpro thanks fordav11

tanks perfpro thanks fordav11
    I have initialize the memory . now it back to the first problem again. any body could help me to find parameters of AMADA PEGA 244 Fanuc AMADAN O4P-C

let's start by properly identifying your Fanuc control.
    the base configuration must be something standard.
    if necessary open the cabinet and take some pics of the control unit.

I did a bit of research, and this is about all I can come up with as of now.
    The Pega 244 is a 24 station, 744mm thick turret, 2 auto index stations, X and Y axis travel is 40.000" The turret should home on one of the auto index stations.

We had to have an Amada tech come in, they re-set the entire controller, and loaded in new. i am sure you can get a tech to you, it would just be highly expensive. THere is an amada facility in turkey, that would be much closer than Japan or elsewhere...(Amada Makina Teknoloji Sanayi Ve Ticaret LTD. STI. I dont know what that says.. I just coppied it from the amada website.

Good luck
    Here is the source for most of this information.
    http://www.amada.com/support/turrets...on%20Guide.pdf

fanuc AMADAN O4P-C Controller Pics

thanks for all help
    I have attached photos of the machine controllers
    i hope to find similar parameters
    Attached Files Attached Files

your control main board is A16B-1010-0285 so you have an 0-series model B or C control.
    Probably Fanuc 0P-C (P is for punch) which is like what you said 04P-C
    you might be able to get it working by inputting Fanuc 0-T or 0-M parameter data.
    0-T and 0-M controls are common so you should be able to get some data easily.
    I don't have any but someone might.

If you contact Amada directly and give your machine serial number they may be able to give you a full backup of parameter and PMC data for your specific machine. Then you can load it into the machine yourself with guidance from the forum.

I have 04P-C control on Amada Vipros 357, and similarly have experienced turning on the machine and finding many of the parameters have been cleared / reset to all zeros. First happened about eight years ago, and then again last month. The memory board was changed about one year ago, still don't know the cause of the scrambled parameters.
    The Vipros is hydraulic machine, the Pega is flywheel type punch press, so many parameters will be different.
    Amada were very helpful to me with information in the past, so that is worth a try.

Dear perfpro
    could you give me parameters of your machine i will try to do any changes with it
    also i want the contact of amada if you don't mind

You need parameters for your machine, only some of the parameters from my machine will be applicable.
    Here are the MMC parameters, they may be suitable for your machine.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dear eng.m.attia

i have parameters of both Pega ( 04pc) and Vipros . But our machine models are slightly different. Our PEGA is 357 and vipros is 255, however most of (98%)the parameters are common( Or Similar) for most of the AMADA machines. Only some Axis / GRID / Backlash/ Origin parameters are to be set accordingly for each individual machine.
    I can provide you my Services ( If At all you Need) to reload the parameters and put the machine in operation.
    Kindly let me know accordingly.

thanks.

Pitre

Dear Pitre
    please send me your parameter and help me to take the machine to operate